Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeast infection

Yeast infection

Every time I get on antibiotics I get a yeast infection. Should you ask for a Diflucan when you start on antibiotics or when your finished?
    Marie
    Unbroken by the grace of God

quadmarie: It sounds like we both have the same problem. My doctor has always told me to wait till after I'm done the antibiotics to take the Diflucan because the yeast infection is not going to clear up if you take it along with the antibiotic. This drives me nuts because it sends my muscle spasms over the edge every time! Lately I've been getting a lot of UTI's so it's been a never ending battle for me. Wish there was another way to get rid of both of these things.

I'm the same way. Sometimes I wonder if I'm on the right antibiotic because my symptoms don't change due to yeast infection.
    Marie

Oh I know! I hate it! It would be nice to get other peoples opion on this subject.

Fungus is hard to kill. I took Diflucan for 7 straight months to get rid of a toe nail fungus. It finally did the job. You may need to take it longer than the doctor would normally recommend.

I used to work for a gyno and this is VERY common, even in women without a SCI. I never had an issue pre-injury, but I do now. I'm the same as quadmarie with my symptoms not changing (mostly really bad nerve pain) because of the yeast infection on top of what is already going on. What I do is get the Diflucan, with a refill, when I get the antibiotic. At the first sign of a yeast infection (discharge/odor) I take the Diflucan and it usually clears up, but if it doesn't then I have refill to take another when I'm done with the antibiotic. Hope this helps!!

Oh that is a good idea btorb74. i will have to try that. I have had mine a few days now so should I still try taking a Diflucan tomorrow and see what happens? Then if it doesn't clear wait till I'm done the antibiotics?

Nerve pain! You hit the nail on the head. My nerve pain definantly goes up!
    Marie

yes my nerve pain increases to!! the never ending struggles of sci!!

Douching with 1 tbls vinegar to 1 quart water will clear a yeast infection also

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama