Thread: bacoflen pump turned off

bacoflen pump turned off

we had the pump turned off after 3 weeks of gradual turn down but its started beeping
    its funny to hear your body beeping.

i am going to try not to have it replaced .

Out of curiosity, how come he had it turned off? It's probably beeping signal led it's off and they probably have the program it not to do that.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Was the Baclofen pump effective for your situation?

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenJ View Post
    Was the Baclofen pump effective for your situation?
    kinda but it never worked correctly it would just dump it in my system. so i am going to try to tuff it out some days good some not so good but that life

Hey there I'm in the same boat. I got the pump a year ago and after two catheter studies, a catheter revision, countless adjustments and other tests, I'm still not getting any relief. I'm ready to have the darn thing pulled out.

I agree it's tough some days but I think I make it too. My biggest problem is getting in and out of cars. If I can figure out how to do that with the spasms I'll be fine.

I had a continuous rate up pretty high for a long time but I still had spasms. Eventually, the doctor turned it into several high dosage boluses throughout the day and it's worked great. Maybe try that or have your doctor try that. Let us know if it works. The pump is fully programmable on dosages and when you get them.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.