Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ketamine

I had surgery on my spine and developed a bad hospital infection in my cord, that was extremely painful. Nothing killed the agony and I was put on ketamine, intravenously at first and later orally. It was fantastic, I had no side effects and it gave me relief from the pain. i came off it over a few weeks.
    They call it 'special K' on the street.
    hope you're going OK with it bollefen.

Tam

RE: Biting

If you use Elavil, it stops salivation. This guarantees such rampant tooth decay that you will soon have no teeth to bite with. Consequently, I am not sure how long I can keep this up, but I will do all I can to make plain the situation. Actually, with NEW MOON out, biting is not in such disfavor, so I may have to find some more dramatic way to publicize central pain. My daughter has a tshirt which says "Someday My Prince Will Come", but the word "Prince" is crossed out, and "Vampire" is written in. A sense of humor is all that has kept this household going.

Does your husband's doc have central pain?

LOL perhaps the Halloween stores will have some lovely sets of leftover fangs you could get at a discount.

I am glad bollefen has a sense of humor, given what we are doing to his thread. I suspect we will be forgiven though. I think we all need a sense of humor these days, as it some of these days can sure be difficult.

I don't believe the doc necessarily has central pain. We haven't known him too long, and he has not shared all the details of his condition. But he takes meds, and looks like hell sometimes - you can tell when he's having a bad day - he can hardly walk then, literally.

I know this is all fun about the biting thing. But I would like to say that Elavil does not lead to everyone having their teeth fall out. That is not true. The dosing levels for neuropathic pain are small, 25 or 50 mg a day and dry mouth is noted in only half the people on the med. Only a smaller subset of them would have dental complications. I have been on it for 8 years and don't have any dental complications.
    Okay , back to the humor.
    My favorite vampire movie was the comedy with Nicholas Cage where he begrudgingly puts on vampire teeth that he gets at the halloween store....

Pamelor (nortryptiline) has fewer side effects than Elavil, and supposedly is just as effective. It's also a tricyclic antidepressant.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I have no sense of humor!!!!

I'm coming to get all of you!!

Along with my ketamine killer gorilla family that has moved in!

AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH did I scare you huh just a little?

still no action from the ketamine, pain sucks

bill

No, not scared. My cat can whup your gorilla.

Sorry no good effects yet - at least with no bad side effects, I guess there's hope.

Fingers still crossed.

My dead python can eat your dead cat.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

LOL your python would choke to death on my fat cat.

Here is a post from a guy that had success with ketimeine in his pump. Wish I could hear more from him. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...9&postcount=23 Sure hope the nasal spray works.