Hello,
My Boyfriend of over a year has been recently having a lot of medical problems. We were best friends for 3 years before we started dating and recently there are somethings we're sifting through but the toughest thing for us to deal with is his medical conditions.

His name is Bob. Bob doesn't have a spinal injury but a genetic hiccup. When he was formed in the womb, the part of his brain that controls his right side motor skills keep shutting on and off and the doctors anticipate it turning completely off by the time he graduates college. (We're both college freshman) This means that his right eye will go blind and he'll be able to feel on his right side but he won't be able to move it. This occurs on a daily basis for about 15 mins. Bob also has things going on with his blood that (i just found out 30 mins ago) could possibly be a sign of liver cancer as well as dropping 5 pounds in one day. He also could possibly have short term and long term memory loss.

I'm not sure what is going to happen at this point. He told me that the doctors told him to start learning to write with his left hand because it looks like the "turn-off" will happen sooner than they thought.

I know that i'm just his girlfriend and we're both really young but if he gets through all this there is a possibility of marriage in the future. What makes things very difficult is that we go to different colleges. So really the most i can do at times is be there for him emotionally but i'm just not sure what else to do. I'm scared for his life. If he has liver cancer its going to be a hard battle on top of his genetic hiccup.

I'm sorry its so long but i've been researching and looking for ways to connect with people. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Love Conquers All,
Jessica