Thread: 100 push ups.

100 push ups.

So I figure I need some goals to keep myself motivated to get in some better shape. There's this program that claims that in 6 weeks you can get yourself in enough shape to do 100 pushups in one try. SCI-compatible? Probably...

Anyone in? It takes 5 minutes 3x a week. I need some competition, preferably someone w/ a cervical injury in worse shape than me.

http://hundredpushups.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    So I figure I need some goals to keep myself motivated to get in some better shape. There's this program that claims that in 6 weeks you can get yourself in enough shape to do 100 pushups in one try. SCI-compatible? Probably...

Anyone in? It takes 5 minutes 3x a week. I need some competition, preferably someone w/ a cervical injury in worse shape than me.

http://hundredpushups.com/

i do set of 10 or 20 i can do 70 in sets i am in but i call the girl push up lol as i can only push up top half now that i am a quad allso and 59 yrs

Scott - I'm in. You've been at this a few years longer than I have so I am taking that as a head start. Give me three weeks. I'll be up and walking in 6 weeks so that will kind of seem unfair... I'll see how many I can do tonight and shoot you a text.

I remember one time in Marines boot camp I had to do 500 in a row. What a puddle of sweat I made on the floor!

Good luck!
    Andrew

I am in too...I need to increase strength for basketball...so hopefully this will help it.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I did a pathetic 3 sets of 10 last night, lol. The first 10 were the toughest.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tman9513 View Post
    You've been at this a few years longer than I have so I am taking that as a head start.
    Haha that's not a head start. That's more years w/o full function... makes it harder for me.

I only hit 24 on my first attempt. This was early in the a.m., no nutrition, maybe 6oz of hydration. I've got a few factors working against me that I need to tweak: I can't get on/off the floor to do this, nor do I have a mat/table to use for this, so I'm doing it on the bed. The bed isn't super firm & has loose-fitting tshirt sheets on it, making it tricky to stay planted in one spot (sheets like to slide).

Got your email, will reply when I have a few min to catch up.

bump.

24 is pretty darn good Scott! I'm pathetic! lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12