Thread: Reminder To Myself

Reminder To Myself

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Come to San Diego and have dinner at Croce's (owned by Jim's widow Ingrid) and if you are lucky, AJ (their son) will be playing with his band in the bar.

(KLD)

Jim was (as am I) a South Philadelphia native. Although I'd love to get out to SD and dine and listen, it's the song, not the singer, that is in my mind today.

But I'm reminded that many Philadelphians are probably visiting SD this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Come to San Diego and have dinner at Croce's (owned by Jim's widow Ingrid) and if you are lucky, AJ (their son) will be playing with his band in the bar.

(KLD)
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

That's one of my favorites by Croce, FO - along with I Got a Name.

Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Thanks for your post RDF. As I mentioned to KLD, and as I didn't really explain - this thread isn't about Jim Croce - but rather a release from a stream of thought articulated by his song Time in a Bottle.

The simplicity and beauty of life and loving is something I occasionally forget to appreciate with humble gratitude. It's too easy too get lost in the struggle or distracted by bright lights and shiny objects. And then something occurs that reminds us that the rules of life don't include a provision for timeouts.

For me, there reached a time long ago when the road ahead was shorter than the road already traveled. Still, there is more to the journey. I was merely reminding myself to roll on with love and spirit. One of my guiding precepts has always been that this is not a dress rehearsal, but my one and only life. On with the show!
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 11-19-2009 at 08:25 AM.
    Foolish

That's a nice sentiment Foolish. I understand how you feel, and often experience the same emotions. Sometimes I catch myself and wonder if I'm being too selfish, and try to live my life in a less mercenary manner. I can always improve upon my current spiritual existence, and sometimes I'm lucky enough to do so, sometimes I fall short. But thanks for the reminder that all that glitters is not gold, that the gold we seek lies within our hearts, and the hearts of others, and that it isn't gold at all, but love and tolerance for humanity. I hope you're doing ok, and if anything untoward happened, I hope it will work out for you. Enjoy the long and winding road still before you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    Thanks for your post RDF. As I mentioned to KLD, and as I didn't really explain - this thread isn't about Jim Croce - but rather a release form a stream of thought articulated by his song Time in a Bottle.

The simplicity and beauty of life and loving is something I occasionally forget to appreciate with humble gratitude. It's too easy too get lost in the struggle or distracted by bright lights and shiny objects. And then something occurs that reminds us that the rules of life don't include a provision for timeouts.

For me, there reached a time long ago when the road ahead was shorter than the road already traveled. Still, there is more to the journey. I was merely reminding myself to roll on with love and spirit. One of my guiding precepts has always been that this is not a dress rehearsal, but my one and only life. On with the show!
    Hey, Westbrook is supposed to play Sunday. That's a good thing
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!