Thread: Van Car Mats for Front and Rear - Winter Time

Van Car Mats for Front and Rear - Winter Time

Ok so with winter right around the corner...trying to find some car mats for the area where the wheel chair will roll up into, so this is behind the drivers seat, in the middle area. (Accessible van with a fold out ramp).

Something that will not let the melted snow/salt/water go everywhere, as well as be safe so the someone walking on it wont slip. The other challenge is that it stays in one place and doesn't bunch up under the tires when rolling on it.

Also some good mats for the front, to accommodate the transfer seats moving back and forth.

Any suggestions from those of you who have been able to keep you're van clean from all the snow and salt would be greatly appreciated.

I have a good friend who uses large office chair mats for this in his ramp van and it works great. Just look for one that is waterproof and has a non-slippery suface. Measure you space and check out the office supply stores.

(KLD)

go to HomeDepot, rubber backed carpet runners on a roll.....$2 & change a foot

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    go to HomeDepot, rubber backed carpet runners on a roll.....$2 & change a foot
    Doesn't the water soak right through?

I was thinking of the ruber mats for the back of the pick up trucks as an option? Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I have a good friend who uses large office chair mats for this in his ramp van and it works great. Just look for one that is waterproof and has a non-slippery suface. Measure you space and check out the office supply stores.

(KLD)
    I checked Office Max and Office Depot they just have ones that are plasitc that would be used in the office. The sales person thought it would be to slippery, since it was designed for a chair to roll on? I'll see if I can find one that is non-slippery? Have you seen any?

Check llbean.com for what they call waterhog mats. They sell two varieties in different sizes. One is designed for inside use and has a channel all around it to keep the snow and slush from running outside the mat area. They aren't cheap, but they will last forever.http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...=door+mats&Go=
    Last edited by Eileen; 11-16-2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: added link