Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has Natural Fit rims? Positives & Negatives?

Who has Natural Fit rims? Positives & Negatives?

I'm very curious about Natural Fit rims, and I'd love to hear some user responses here.

Currently, most of the time I push using both my standard push rim and the wheel (I wear gloves when outside). If you have Natural Fit rims, but you need to hold on to the tire for some reason, can you? I would hate to get them, and then hate them and not know what to do about it!

I have them and they're much easier to control than a standard rim. I can hold
    my tires and rims at the same time. I like them a lot.

One question I forgot to ask - how do you determine whether to get the standard or the LT? I remember when the LT came out, and it was marketed as being for smaller hands?

I have really long fingers, and regular size hands, but they're skinny. If I wear women's gloves I usually need a large, but men's I often need a small. Does this help determine which rim to get?

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant27 View Post
    One question I forgot to ask - how do you determine whether to get the standard or the LT? I remember when the LT came out, and it was marketed as being for smaller hands?

I have really long fingers, and regular size hands, but they're skinny. If I wear women's gloves I usually need a large, but men's I often need a small. Does this help determine which rim to get?
    A physical therapist made that decision for me. I have the standard
    size and they seem just right. I don't think I'd like the smaller size.
    Call a wheelchair shop in your area and see if they have someting
    available that you could try.

Hi Julie I love my Natural Fits and occasionally grab the rims and tires, so it can definitely be done. When I got them they didn't have the LTs...I'd like to try them though.

i wear men's medium size glove, n natural fit LT seems to work well...so for small, i think LT is just good.but yes, try to find if it is available in shops so u could try...

but to answer the question, natural fit have good grip, even when it is wet.just need to grip it a lil hard when it rains, but there's not much heat when u brake hard, unless its a hot day...my country is always hot (26-39degree).but natural fit works just fine.i dunno abt the super grip though...

p/s: dun u consider pushblax?
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

I've been looking seriously at these-- getting a new chair soon and have been rolling with regular aluminum and rims for the past 8 years... I hate them and plus my hands always get filthy although i try not to use the wheel/tire as a hand rim. They sound like they will be a really good option for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sam10685 View Post
    I've been looking seriously at these-- getting a new chair soon and have been rolling with regular aluminum and rims for the past 8 years... I hate them and plus my hands always get filthy although i try not to use the wheel/tire as a hand rim. They sound like they will be a really good option for anyone.
    I know they say that they're supposed to keep you hands cleaner, but they really don't. Cleaner than if you grab the tire, but not cleaner than grabbing any other rim. And there's still the "inside of your sleeve getting dirty" issue that I've heard people think Natural Fits would fix for them...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynahmite View Post
    I know they say that they're supposed to keep you hands cleaner, but they really don't. Cleaner than if you grab the tire, but not cleaner than grabbing any other rim. And there's still the "inside of your sleeve getting dirty" issue that I've heard people think Natural Fits would fix for them...not so much.
    Thank you! I was just going to buy them but I think I'll do the 2 week test run offered by Sportaid.

i just got them w/my aeroZ but have not gotten to try them out yet....i'll holler when i do