Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: froglegs composite soft rolls cracked after 3 mths

I've had the same one I'm in now since 2001 and it's finally being replaced hopefully any day now. I wIsh I had gotten a new one sooner... Do you know on average how often insurance would be willing to pay for a new one?

private every 2 if its med nec. ppl think 4-5 but thats not the case., and most companies switch providers often. new ins = new chair
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Hey Andy,

You are the only CC member who can make Brianm's epic quest to spec out a new chair look impulsive. Let's review...

At this rate, they'll either discontinue the ZR or find a cure for paralysis before you're ready to pull the trigger!
    you have too much time on your hands.

That really is pretty funny. I've been thinking about a new wheelchair that long!?!?!?

What can I say, just add tires, pushrims, bearings, armrests, and better bolts...this TR pretty much lasts forever. The Froglegs are pretty scary looking, but no faceplant yet, so I guess they're ok.

But a fold-down back folder similar in size to that photo made no heavier than this TR I'd be whipping out the credit card right away. I'm sick of seeing this huge box frame on the seat next to me in the car. Its gotta break down small, have no more than the frame assembly/2 wheels/2 armrests to break down also...does such a thing exist?

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    private every 2 if its med nec. ppl think 4-5 but thats not the case., and most companies switch providers often. new ins = new chair
    Not sure I'll "need" a new one in 2 years but a spare chair would be good and I really want a rigid Tilite chair. I'd have got one this time but I need a folding chair since I don't drive-- others need to be able to quickly and easily throw it in the trunk of a car. (Just can't decide between a ZR or a TR. I'll test them both out before I get one.) Should I start looking into it in about mid to late 2011?