Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damaged nerve fibers in spinal cord injuries could be repaired using nano-spheres

Damaged nerve fibers in spinal cord injuries could be repaired using nano-spheres

Latest research at Purdue University has developed a new approach for repairing damaged nerve fibers in spinal cord injuries using nano-spheres that could be injected into the blood shortly after an accident.

Read more

Well. What are we waiting for?????????

November 09, 2009
    Advances on Many Fronts to Spinal Cord Injury Repair

read article:

http://nextbigfuture.com/2009/11/adv...inal-cord.html

"that can be injected SHORTLY after the accident "... Another acute thing.... JACKPOT!
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Could this one day be used to help rats with SCI?

Quote Originally Posted by foffana View Post
    Latest research at Purdue University has developed a new approach for repairing damaged nerve fibers in spinal cord injuries using nano-spheres that could be injected into the blood shortly after an accident.

Read more
    The research being described here is more than just about treating acute spinal cord injury. The scientists have Purdue have discovered a new method of delivering drugs, proteins, and other materials to the injured spinal cord. They used spinal cord injury as the model with which to demonstrate their technique. It doesn't mean that it has to be restricted to acute spinal cord injury? Nor does it mean that all acute spinal cord injury research is automatically not useful to people with chronic spinal cord injury.

Wise.

Yeah! (for real, no sarcasm)
    Now how do we get this on your desk?
    please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    The research being described here is more than just about treating acute spinal cord injury. The scientists have Purdue have discovered a new method of delivering drugs, proteins, and other materials to the injured spinal cord. They used spinal cord injury as the model with which to demonstrate their technique. It doesn't mean that it has to be restricted to acute spinal cord injury? Nor does it mean that all acute spinal cord injury research is automatically not useful to people with chronic spinal cord injury.

Wise.
    it may not be necessarry in treating acutes only, but it is. acute gets everything.

When I was a new injury, I was much acuter then I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by boda View Post
    Could this one day be used to help rats with SCI?