Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: so, i guess it's ok for my 17 yr old to smash my phone

so, i guess it's ok for my 17 yr old to smash my phone

called on cell, barely got that thru. cops didn't blink an eye at hm breaking my phone. ok. i get it. i'm not worth their time. fuck it. i'm not gonna keep fighting the pain and shit to be treated like shit. fuck it. i am so godamned tired of this. it wasn't worth yrs of working. nobody gives a shit. nobody. i am so tired. so very tired. i feel totally useless and nothing but a pain. i want out. nothing more for me. i worked in all this cp for over 20 yrs...for what? i'm sorry, but i can't take it any more. the cop acted lke i was a pos. f it. sorry. i just can't do this any more.
    Last edited by cass; 11-09-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    called on cell, barely got that thru. cops didn't blink an eye at hm breaking my phone. ok. i get it. i'm not worth their time. fuck it. i'm not gonna keep fighting the pain and shit to be treated like shit. fuck it. i am so godamned tired of this.
    I'm so sorry. Was this tonight?

I'm sure the cop can only see what he knows ... and what he sees is a single disabled women with an out of control teenage son.

Educate him. Go down to the station and speak to a superior if you have to ... ask for help. That kid's just dying for some discipline, it sounds like!

Does he do anything outside of school like sports, or lessons on guitar or anything?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

yes mem. just 20 min ago. they didn't give a crap he broke my phone. didn't give a crap if had one. i don't give a crap any more either.

but, do hope you are feeling better.

you know, compared to cop gunned down recently here, i'm not worth shit. it's true. i should have realized that and said something. i'm an idiot.

Cass, you do matter so much. Unfortunately, you got a cop with a shitty attitude.

Press charges against your son if that is what it takes. It isn't okay for him to break your stuff or tear up the home you've provided for the two of you or rage at you. If that cop did not listen, do what Lynnifer suggested. Ask for a shift supervisor. That's hard to do when you're in so much physical pain. I hope you somehow can.

I feel angry you were discounted by the cop. I feel angry your son did this.

Can your son go to a friend's for the night or stay somewhere else? Sounds like he needs to be away from you for your safety, protection and peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I'm sure the cop can only see what he knows ... and what he sees is a single disabled women with an out of control teenage son.
    If that is what he sees and does nothing, then he's a shitty police officer.

If I were a cop, a single, disabled lady called because her teenage son was out of control and she was physically limited by what she could do to and with him, I'd be more motivated in seeing this child understands the gravity of his actions. She called the police for back-up and to help discipline her son. Are they waiting for him to use a weapon on her before doing anything?

I am so sorry, Cass. Boys in that age is terrible. Cops, they never care, I am not surprised. They see a boy in puberty, a disable mother and they think it is nothing. I have my third one in puberty and I hate it.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Maybe it's time to have him removed? Can you do that? You wouldn't be the first parent in the world to have to do that? It might be best for both of you.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Some kids just need to learn the hard way, my brother was out of control and my mom just kicked him out and when he realized life is hard without a place to call home he came back and tried to shape up.

In the end he was kicked out for good but he grew up once he had to live on his own and support himself. Now he gets along with the rest of the family just great because he grew up.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

I kicked out my oldest one and I haven't seen him for five years. He is living 5 minutes to walk away from my house. I don't think that is a good idea.

The good thing is he started to do what I wanted him to, go to the university and work as a teacher besides. But I miss him and I wouldn't do it again. He is 27 years old and he hasn't been home since Christmas 5 years ago. He didn't even come to my mother's funural in May.
    TH 12, 43 years post