Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: so, i guess it's ok for my 17 yr old to smash my phone

Big brothers/ sisters provides a mentor and a positive role model for kids who don't have one or at risk. I don't know the age limits. if he is too old they may have options though. It is a great program. I don't think it shuffles a problem on another. After all it should take an entire community to raise kids not just one of us. If everyone cared and weren't out only for themselves the entire world would be better.
    leif you think everyone should be focused on stem cells and band together, even when it's not their problem. Why shouldn't we all band together to help children or those that need help.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    [COLOR=black]I don’t know what “BBBS” is, but isn’t this also a way in which societies have become, to shuffle problems on others, and expect… society -to fix?
    No, Leif, BBBS is a program where adults volunteer to help the community by mentoring a kid. It's not about pushing problems on someone else to fix.

ETA - I see addisue already clarified.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    leif you think everyone should be focused on stem cells and band together, even when it's not their problem. Why shouldn't we all band together to help children or those that need help.
    Hi addiesu, hope you are Ok. I have no idea why you write that, must be a loon from Oslo visiting you lately which are not paying attention and talking false info. If you read my posts even here on CC one would see stem cells is just a part to try to help, just a part. Well, I chimed into this discussion here, without mentioning anything about stem cells. As for helping children I am all in, I try my best, like I wrote above; children and teens are our future.

Thnx for the link. And thnx for that Scorpion, to explain. Thanks.

PS addiesue. Look here, it is not just about stem cells.
    http://regioner.nhf.no/index.asp?id=55127 Pictures speak I guess.
    Last edited by Leif; 11-10-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Well said addiesue.Children are our future.So many want to complain about how they turned out as adults but never gave a crap when they could've helped them as a child.I'm all for solutions too.

Cass,is there any male figure(s) around that could step up?Family,past co-workers,friends,cc members?Do you think taking a trip for r&r together could help?

Since you guys seem to know everything, I'll just stop.

Cass, so sorry that you are still in so much pain and that the problems are still continuing on at home.

I believe I can understand how hard all it is for you in your situation. The heartache and emotions you must be feeling tearing you apart. Our children don't understand or can't understand how it feels since they are not personally dealing with them. But they are seeing us attempting to deal with them all. I imagine it must really be hard for them particularly when they are still so young and at an age where they are dealing with other issues of their own. I feel bad for both of you. I had never had to deal with nueropathic pain since tbe beginning of my injury. I consider myself blessed and lucky. This year is my 50th anniversary for me. I began dealing with it this year in May. It is horrible. The only time I deal with pain like this was when my accident happened. I had to have to have morphine shots to ease it at that time and slept through it all the time. This time I am having to take several medications that still don't make it totally go away. Nick and I have at times had to go to ER to get help with it. He tells me that he knows how it feels since he had to deal with it about two years ago. I don't know about you Cass, but the pain gets so bad that I many times cry like a baby. I feel so bad that I can't fight it and not cry like that. It makes me feel like I am a wimp. Even though Nick helps me and attempts to understand and help me, I feel so very alone and weak. I know that I am lucky to have him but still wish things could be different for both of us.

I wonder how much the pain and your situation affects and hurts your son. I wonder if he is acting out with anger but is directing it at the wrong thing/person. I believe that he might be angry at what has happened to you lately. Seeing you hurting, losing your job, your not being appreciated by Boeing's staff for all your sacrifice to do a good job. There are so many things that I believe hurt him. Also, I think he is having to deal with things that he can't voice to anyone nor understand. Then, you are also going through so much too that no one can really understand. I feel for you. You don't deserve this and I wish t here were some way things could be changed to bring you peace and tranquility.

Right now, my pain is starting to hurt me more so I will stop. I will send a hug, prayer for you and your son. Hang on in there. We care for both of you. God Bless you both.

Raven
    Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
    but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

leif the point is children are everyones problem, same as curing cancer, paralysis on and on and on again.
    Good luck Cass.

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16 View Post
    Clue???? Agreed, but the cops can't act on what's probably going to happen.

How would the cops remove her kid if its not an arrestable offense? Child services does that,not the cops. (at least in Pa)

There is a set of laws applying to disabled people only?? We don't have those laws in Pa.

Dave
    We have the CYA laws up here ... cover your ass. I couldn't take the responsibility of walking out on that situation and risk returning later on in the night with IDENT and then having to explain to SIU why you didn't at least separate them for the night? Sometimes common sense and bureaucracy get a little blurry.

Vulnerable ... the legal jargon, buzzword encompassing all elderly, disabled and children around 'these' parts.

I completely understand what you're saying Dave, I do ... legally there was nothing to be done. Can you also see it from another point of view though? Could you have left Cass alone with a volatile 17yr old knowing officers have been there before .. so a history has been established?

It's the attempted cutting off of communication that has me stunned ...
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

well, i just wrote a lot, when i hit submit, all was lost. i don't have the energy to repeat it all.

quick synopsis: nobody is the monster here (not my son, not the LEOs, etc.). both my son and i are going thru major life changes. i have no family at all (they died). my best friend died. i can't work due to this increasing neuro pain. so...i have turned here much more in the last 3-4 yrs.

i don't wish to disrupt the board or look like a whiner. i have worked too hard and kept my pain to myself for too long. i was always one to just try to handle things, be independent, etc. well, i'm human. i break.

probably this thread should be closed.

thank you everybody. i'm sorry i brought it here.