View Poll Results: Keurig, Tassimo, Another Brand or meh?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tassimo

10 29.41%
  • Keurig

16 47.06%
  • Meh!?

8 23.53%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: This is for Mr Coffee:

I'm off to Starbucks to try one! Mmmm ... they have to know that's their best seller!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by orangejello View Post
    I was at Starbucks a few days ago and was intruiged by a new addition to the holiday drink menu: chai eggnog latte. But they were all out of eggnog so I didn't get the chance to try it. Last night at home I decided to try some eggnog in my tassimo chai. I am not a big fan of eggnog on its own but, mixed with the chai, it was very good. Tonight I might try a bit of rum in it. I am trying to think of more things that could be combined with the chai lattes because, as much as I love it, I am a bit bored of the chai on its own.

thanks!

yummmy
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

So strange I was just reading this and my electricity went out yesterday-FPL outage, and when i tried to make my Tassimo coffee this morning Starbucks! the light would only flicker but not go on! It is 4 years old so I called the customer service and I immediatly spoke to a person and they offered me a free shipping label to repair center or a new machine for $110! They cost $169 retail!

So I am sticking with Tassimo and can't wait for my new machine!

http://www.tassimodirect.com/Tassimo...TassimoSystems
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post
    I never tried the Tassimo, but my parents bought a Keurig and I loved it! I also will do my own french press sometimes when I really want to get a nice cup. But I'm impressed with the quality of coffee that comes out of this bad boy.
    that is what I use, a french press. I think it is the best way to make coffee. cheep anyway.

Maxwell House sells a macchiato for the US but not for Canada. I've tried the Jacobs variety and it was good ... I wonder if the Maxwell House brand one is better?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13 View Post
    www.Newegg.com has the keurig 18 pack of K cups for 8.99 instead of 13.99 as they are on the keurig site.
    Thanks to Rybread for the info.
    I actually bought a lot of k-cups at Kohls, of all places this week. (department store).

They were on sale (I think they stocked up for Christmas, and are cutting stock, plus .... I had a 30% off coupon. Came out to under $7 a box.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

aero-press is a one cup maker,easier to clean than any french press, bit you need hand dexterity.

i just tried the toddy cold extract, with the righr grind makes some of the best coffee i have tastes without the acidity, you make a large batch and refrigerate. add boiling water on a 1 to 3 ratio.
    i think i got them both on amazon.
    toddy is supposed to make a lb at a time, but i found the grind i have, i am better making 1/2 lb at a time. otherwise i get a lot of overflow and dry grounds. 12 hour time for the cold brew toddy.
    aero-press= quickest, quicker than french press, but it is really a americano.
    i have heard the toddy makes some of the best iced coffee.
    cauda equina

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

It's CONFESSIONAL time.....

I don't drink much coffee so I have no clue what:

1) Tassimo
    2) Keurig

but Meh would be my choice but it would probably be Hot Chocolate with those small marsh mellows.

For ALL those DIE HARD coffee and computer lovers (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) I offer you this Computer Modification:

Attachment 33768

Blog Entries
    Keurig, Brother in law has one in his waiting room, variety of flavors, free. BEST coffee I've ever drank. I venture the smell has a lot to do with that. If they could put THAT smell in a candle, I'd burn one 24/7.

I remember when I first got my Keurig, which was right after they were introduced (I'm on my second one now) and it was so hard to find K cups anywhere other than online. I use to buy them online and buy huge quantities to get free shipping, but now they are virtually everywhere. I have found them at Stop and Shop, Hannaford's, and the cheapest of all (although small variety) at BJ's Wholesale. It is nice to just be able to buy a box or two instead of dedicating half my hall closet to K-cup boxes.