View Poll Results: Keurig, Tassimo, Another Brand or meh?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tassimo

10 29.41%
  • Keurig

16 47.06%
  • Meh!?

8 23.53%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: This is for Mr Coffee:

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I use a short travel mug under my Keurig that fits nicely without having to take the drip tray away, but one of the cool things about the Keurig (the only one I know) is that the entire drip tray can be removed to fit a normal sized travel mug under the spout.
    It's true that the original Tassimo machine didn't work very well with most travel mugs. It was possible to use shorter ones in it by removing the drip tray but then you would have a small lake on your counter. This problem has been corrected in the two subsequent versions of the machine. You can now remove the drip tray and it will fit travel mugs, including most of the larger sized ones. And it no longer leaks.

This picture shows how the drip tray can be removed. Or added to for small expresso cups. It also shows the fabulous new colours of the most recent version of the machine, which has only been out a few weeks. I am trying to decide which colour to get. I am learning towards "Morning Sun Orange," although the "Glamour Red" is pretty spectacular too

Last edited by orangejello; 11-10-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Very cool colors on the Tassimo OJ. They have leg up on styling compared to the Keurig. I would definitely go for that Morning Sun Orange myself. (Besides, someone with the screen name OJ should perhaps have the orange one by default?)

lol yes I think I will go for the orange by default. Apparently there is a blue version available as well.

It took Tassimo some time to figure out the styling thing though. This is the original version of the machine--the kind that has been gracing my kitchen. It was big and clunky and pretty ugly. It always reminded me of a toy coffee maker my nieces played with. I am glad they finally figured out how to design a grown up looking machine

We got the Tassimo for x mas 2 years ago.

I stopped buying via the tasaimo site and get it once in awhile at Bed, Bath & Beyond when I have a coupon.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I'm out of chai and the stores around me seem to be out of it too - withdrawls!

I'm peeved though ... you're right OJ! The States get Swiss Hazelnut, a Macchiato and a decaf espresso (what's the point then lol) too! And in Germany, they have wildberry tea, black tazo tea AND a chocolate coffee and a 'Milka' brand hot chocolate. Ebay is my friend this morning.

Why isn't all of it available to the different countries?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

so basically the only difference is the variety in coffees and teas?
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

For.a long time chai couldn't. Be bought in the stores here, only ordered online. And ordering from the Tassimo website is a seriously pain. So I had to co-opt anybody I knew who would be visiting the US to bring me some. Or have somebody send it from the US, JenJen helped me get my fix more than once, something I could have kissed her for .
    I still have to do this to get the hazelnut and.vanilla coffes, which are my current addictions.

There is one company that will ship to Canada from the US for. A fairly decent flat rate. I don't remember off the top of my head, but will get back to you.

I got hooked on the european teas when Cherry sent me some but I haven't found a cheap way to buy the eureopean disks off ebay without shipping costing a fortune.

Happy Tassimo-ing! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I'm out of chai and the stores around me seem to be out of it too - withdrawls!

I'm peeved though ... you're right OJ! The States get Swiss Hazelnut, a Macchiato and a decaf espresso (what's the point then lol) too! And in Germany, they have wildberry tea, black tazo tea AND a chocolate coffee and a 'Milka' brand hot chocolate. Ebay is my friend this morning.

Why isn't all of it available to the different countries?

OJ, add me to your list of people willing to do coffee shipping to you from the US. No problem......anytime.

Same here, and Lynnifer too.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I want a TASSIMOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Looks tasty geee, now I just wish I had the $170 for it.

BTW, I don't mind shipping too OJ.
    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!