View Poll Results: Keurig, Tassimo, Another Brand or meh?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tassimo

10 29.41%
  • Keurig

16 47.06%
  • Meh!?

8 23.53%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: This is for Mr Coffee:

Keurig has spent the last year or so buying up as many suppliers as possible, which now includes Donut Shop Coffee, Timothy's, Tully's, and many, many more. The selection now, compared to when I first got my Keurig, is enormous, and with free shipping from Amazon I never pay to get my coffee fix delivered to my door.

The thing I like about the tassimo is that it can make lattes, macchiatos, cappuccinos, hot chocolate or tea ... the Keurig can't yet, can it?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Keurig definitely has a very good hot chocolate now, and also a pretty good range of teas...black, green, tropical. Still no lattes or cappuccinos though. I buy a Nescafe cappucino mix and just use the Keurig to dispense the hot water to solve that problem.

not one to promote starbucks, even though i am in one now! its is all that is avialable in my aream that has hours past 4pm, or i have to hop onto train into city, which is really what i should ne doing,even the bucks down there are much better, just the fact that they have people , arrrg want to meet and date ,but have to get back into habbit of just going into city.if they have a CLOVER system in bucks try that, thy have a couple in nyc , not a starbucks exclusive machine, but it reminds ne of a upside down french press, it sucks the water at the exact tempature through the coffee, and you can watch it do its magic.ithas some out rageoius price tag on the machine,like $15k in us $$
    cauda equina

one of the items that many home drinkers miss in the quality of water, the water is everything. a couple of the local independent shops have explained and shown me their extensive water filtering systems. We have great water out of the tap compared to many places i have been . But in order to compare machines or coffee they have to be on the same water line, or the results will be different , due to water quality. the temperature of the water is also a mandatory part of the process,the shops i go to use a infrared heat gun to check the temp, cause it can have a heating element that is burning out. i spent hours with my local roaster , he was teaching me everything about the process, he obviously really into it, and the other independent guy had just started getting his coffee into whole foods.
    if they can pull a good shot of espresso they know what there doing,
    the water filtration systems were pretty big. i use mu fridge filtered water, which i have a secondary filter in line , to save the $50 proprietary Pur filter in the fridge. If the city does any pipe work and i get brown water , i have to make sure to turn the water supply to the first filter off, and drain it until it is clear,otherwise it will ruin the filters,
    it is a science , no tim hortons here, no petes, a couple good indy shops in Brooklyn, some of the new ones are building them with tables that are too small for laptops, i wish for the days of coffee shops where strangers would talk to one another without a problem and one person would take over a 2 person table with their crap. How i miss the dating/meeting shop that was on the upper west side,all the tables were cafeteria styled, so easy to share space and start conversations,or ease drop on blind dates
    cauda equina

I love my Keurig! I've had the Platinum B70 for a year and a half, after I was given a $50 Amazon gift card for X-Mas. I haven't used my regular coffee maker since.

One of the great things about the Keurig is its ability to use your own coffee with one of several single-cup filter thingies you can buy. I use the Solofill cup...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I love my Keurig! I've had the Platinum B70 for a year and a half, after I was given a $50 Amazon gift card for X-Mas. I haven't used my regular coffee maker since.

One of the great things about the Keurig is its ability to use your own coffee with one of several single-cup filter thingies you can buy. I use the Solofill cup...
    Hi Scorpion,
    I have been using my Keurig for a few years now and love it. The thoughts of going back to a regular machine is unlikely. I know how spoiled I have become when I occasionally find myself rushed and think "wish this was faster" and then have to remind myself that it is all of 30 seconds for a great cup of coffee!

I love my Keurigs. I have one at home and another at work. It also helps my mother knows a Van Houte (bought by green mountian last year) distributer..so I get 18 k-cups for like 8 bucks..and have access to about 30 - 40 different varieties of coffee and tea.

My favorites are
    Coffee: Van Houte Hazelnut & Costa Rica Blend
    Tea: Bigalow Green tea & pomegranate (I've had more people buy boxes of this stuff than anything else) & Orange spice.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

Resurrecting this thread ...

Okay, so Starbucks bailed on us Tassimo owners.

BUT ... The Second Cup and Tim Hortons have now jumped onboard! Uniquely Canadian!

I've tried the Maxwell House french vanilla (yum) and Gevalia vanilla latte (another yum).

Can't wait to try the Second Cup's latte and see what Tim Hortons has on offer. Hope that the Second Cup gets their chai out ... it's very, very good but hella expensive.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12