Thread: seated exercise dvd

seated exercise dvd

anyone tried a seated exercise dvd? mostly looking for cardio/stretching....

theres a whole list here http://www.ncpad.org/exercise/fact_s...403&view=all#4

be nice if it weren't super-cheesy lol.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Hi Emi,
    I do seated aerobic's several times a week! In the past I did buy some disability specific ones and found them to be way too slow and even a bit patronizing, so I tend to stay away from those kind. That being said...one that I do like one that Richard Simmons has specifically for persons seated called "Sit Tight". Its pretty short in length, but good!
    I also have several of Richard Simmons mainstream videos and I fast forward thru the parts that are lower body moves or make up my own moves during those parts! ...and I am a huge fan of Billy Banks Tae Bo series. Again, there are a few segments where he will have you on the floor streaching legs or whatever and I FF. But, generally it is lots of punching, jabbing, upper cuts and jumping jacks (arms only for us)! You will be a heavy breather!!! <--- Emi doing aerobics
    One tip, once you are familiar with the moves and don't need to take the ques from the instructor, put your own fast paced favorite music on the stereo or ipod and mute the TV. Talk about cheesey!!

Good luck and good health!