Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zhu Zhu Hamsters

what a weird craze.

I was in a toy store with my 9 year niece earlier this fall and we came across a gaint display of these. She got a bit hysterical about needing to have one so I bought her one. At the time, I had never heard of them and had no clue they were like crack for kids. Who knew. I could have bought up the whole display and made myself a fortune on ebay. Damn. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    what a weird craze.
    The Cabbage Patch Kid of 2009
    Last edited by orangejello; 12-05-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Be glad you bought it then auntie.

My cousin asked for a Cabbage Patch doll, right after her birthday in April, of the Cabbage Patch year. She must have been 8 or so at the time. Obviously, no one was doing any Christmas shopping then, especially since a little kid was sure to change from wanting a funny looking baby doll several times in the ensuing months.

Nope .... and come November, my mom (the auntie in this post) was searching for one! Luckily Santa found one, since my mom did not.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    Be glad you bought it then auntie.

My cousin asked for a Cabbage Patch doll, right after her birthday in April, of the Cabbage Patch year. She must have been 8 or so at the time. Obviously, no one was doing any Christmas shopping then, especially since a little kid was sure to change from wanting a funny looking baby doll several times in the ensuing months.

Nope .... and come November, my mom (the auntie in this post) was searching for one! Luckily Santa found one, since my mom did not.
    I actually bought 6 of them that day. Mostly because they were so cute. And I figured they would make very cheap Christmas presents (all 6 cost something like $52 total, less than $10 a kid). My plan was to put them away until Christmas, but I couldn't get my niece to give up hers. So in the end everybody got a "just because" hamster gift in October

They all played with them obsessively at first but the fad seems to be fading and the hamsters are getting a bit neglected. They now want real hamsters lol. And I can't blame them actually. I would too.

I was very young the Cabbage Patch craze year but I remember my mom did manage to find one for my one sister, who was about 11. I didn't get one though. And my sister wouldn't even let me look at hers, nevermind touch it. This might still be a bit of a sore spot with me, 25 years later lol.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejello View Post
    I
    I was very young the Cabbage Patch craze year but I remember my mom did manage to find one for my one sister, who was about 11. I didn't get one though. And my sister wouldn't even let me look at hers, nevermind touch it. This might still be a bit of a sore spot with me, 25 years later lol.
    Sometimes a "just because" present is the best!!

My kids were too young for the Cabbage Patch craze too .... they did have the dolls later on tho.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

My parents cheaped out and got me a knock-off "Pumpkin Patch Kid". Oh, the shame.

I picked one up for my 9 year old - he wants a real hamster, but I'm tired of taking care of their live pets!

I got two of them at Target today, but just missed out on getting it some accessories A lady was just walking away with a handful of some. I'm not in any hurry to get it some so I'll wait till after Christmas once the rush is done, unless I run across some before. I think my neice will like it, but my dog HATES it They r really cute tho!!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.