Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: right runs

right runs

just switched from shox to rr's. wowsa, like night and day. how much psi u guys like. im at 100 currently
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

me 110-120 psi

fuentejps,

I see on another thread that you link to 25" Right Runs, I thought you were using 24" wheels, am I wrong?
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Another question, I had some Schwalbe SpeedAir in the past, was not impressed and very noisy on hard wood floors even when well inflated. Are the Right Runs noisy?
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

145psi, here. I don't use RR, Marathon's, but I always inflate to max spec, particularly with a puncture resistant tread. IIRC, more pressure = more puncture resistance with the Schwalbe system and there's much less rolling resistance between 100 and 145psi, IMO. I start to feel like I'm pushing on short pile carpet when my tires run down near 100. 145 has spoiled my perception of what a good tire should feel like, I reckon.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

jg, no noise. i run 24's, i linked the 25 for stephenm who couldnt find them. even at 100 its like night an day, but i'll go to 145
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

No reason not to give it a try! I'm always a little skittish getting up to 145, because my little pump slows way down at ~110 and it just feels like I'm holding that thing on way too long. Never had a blowout in nearly 2 years, same tires, still plenty of good tread. Side walls are cracking (1-2cm long tiny cracks) in a few places, just below the tread, though.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    No reason not to give it a try! I'm always a little skittish getting up to 145, because my little pump slows way down at ~110 and it just feels like I'm holding that thing on way too long. Never had a blowout in nearly 2 years, same tires, still plenty of good tread. Side walls are cracking (1-2cm long tiny cracks) in a few places, just below the tread, though.
    I actually take mine up to around 155 to account for the psi loss when I release the valve clamp. I do this just about every Sunday night as I get ready for the work week. I've had the hose on my compressor fail, but have never blown out the tubes on my chair. About every 4-6 months, I'll have a tube fail when the base of the Schrader valve gets cut against the hole in the rim.

Ditto with the cracks, but so far no issues.

The only blow outs I've experienced have occurred at work when the bead has not been seated and the tube starts to hemorrhage between the tire and rim around 100 psi. This has happened twice on a few Quickies equippped with Schwalbe's. I almost caught it on two occasions, but just as I began releasing air from the tube, there was a loud BAMMMM!, followed by tinnitus.

Schwlabetiresa.com's website links all go 404 for me. Only the main page comes up Did they shut it down?

What inner tubes are you guys using? I've used kenda inner tubes and those were great. Recently been using tubes that sportaid sells and those lose air pretty fast. I'm looking for tubes that can hold air longer.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo