Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new c4 incomplete

Stan,

Wow, that video made my evening! That's really good improvement. Keep at it, you're not done yet. Let's set a date for golf next year for real.

- K
    C5 Burst Fracture - Motorcycle - June 21st, 2009 - Father's Day.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=124135

haha sure, idont golf nor have a right hand.. hows sunny cali?

Never say never...

This is me below, about 6 years after my injury. I am also Brown Sequard, my left side being the weak one. My left hand still isn't 100%, but it is a ton better than 3 months post. Good luck! Keep up the good work!

Gvinton, awesome photo, bro.

Stan, no giving up on me now ... you don't golf yet. But I'm sure we'll play sometime before all is said and done. Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S. and I was very fortunate to host my law school friends who don't have family nearby at my house for the holiday.

Since the last time we talked, I took myself off all my nerve pain meds. My neuropathy is all gone and I'm lifting 100% of previous weight at the gym. I also was able to swim last weekend without pain and I even did the butterfly!

Today we played some soccer before dinner and I noticed that I have some weakness/instability in my right knee and hamstring. It's almost like it buckles when it's not supposed to. I'm making this my next goal-- buckle free in 30 days. I refuse to accept it and I'm giving myself improvement as the only option.

See you soon!

- K

You should consider talking to the neurosurgeons at Washington University in St. Louis. They might be able to do something for that hand.

Check out this link: http://nerve.wustl.edu/nd_centralcordsyndrome.php

Hi sho,
    Glad you posted. I only recently found this site even though I'm almost 4 years post-injury. I've learned a lot and feel like I was let down by my doctors and therapists in the lack of information and continuing therapy I received.
    My injury is very similar to yours. I also have Brown Sequard (and only recently learned what that is). On my right hand I only have some index finger and thumb. The rest remain clenched. I am scheduled for botox in January. I have had this twice before, and it helped considerably.
    I continue to make gains. My right triceps is now close to fully functional. A chiropractor adjusted my neck near C7 and was able to somehow free those nerves.
    I was able to walk much better using a Bioness Ness L300 for foot drop, but my insurance won't cover it, so I'm waiting to save up $6000 or win the lottery.
    Anyway, sounds like you are in good hands and making great progress. Keep up the hard work and know you are not alone.
    -Dusty

---C5-incomplete "walking quad", Dec.28,2005---

update

this is a video of me walking after 4.5 months post injury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlwuY5knGNg

just wanted to keep you guys posted
    c4 incomplete
    brown sequard syndrome

Stan,

You are a ROCKSTAR.

Keep it coming, bro ... no turning back now. You seriously owe me a golf game with ya soon. I am spending Xmas in Maui and being 6 months out, I did something that was very good for the soul yesterday-- I went surfing and swimming in the ocean. Everything has come back for me 100% and my strength is even better than before because I am adamant about going to the gym. I know you have the same work ethic.

My next challenge is skiing ... which I hope to get a shot at this winter. I feel ready. The only remaining pain I have is a little soreness behind my neck and I only feel it if I don't take my pain meds. I've been trying to get myself off all medications and this list 200mg of Celebrex a day is the last one.

Happy Holidays! Make more videos, I'm a fan.

- K

Have a look at my post 3 and a half months after sci. I know how u feel.. I spent my 21st bday in rehab our injuries r quite the same but the key is to not give up! If ur getting so much bak already there's still heaps to come! Keep moving what u have got including the slower side.. If u don't move it ya loose it! Love and luck!

Sho,

Just wanted to chime in as another person with an injury very similar to yours. I didn't have quite as much return as you did until the end of inpatient rehab (about 4 months post-injury). At 6 months post, I was walking short distances with a walker. At about 18 months post-injury I was getting around on crutches but fatigued rather quickly. Today I am 6+ years post and get around pretty well (duration and distance-wise) on crutches and still making good progress. You have to keep at it constantly (which it sounds like you've been doing). Don't settle. Know that you're going to face plateaus and setbacks - be prepared mentally to overcome them. You'll see a lot of changes this next year. Capitalize on every little bit of return you get. Keep up the good work bro.

*** c4/c5 incomplete *** Injured in Summer 2003 ***