Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Invacare TDX SR w/ Motion Concepts UltraLow System, Vent Tray & Sip-N-Puff Head Array

Wow and I thought I had a high tech wheelchair. If only all DME's showed the commitment to their clients that you've shown to yours. Bravo to you sir!

The chair I'm currently using is an Invacare TDX5 with power tilt/recline, shear and legs. The drive system on this chair is the NewAbilities UCS1000 Tongue Touch Keypad (TTK) System. With nothing more than the tip of my tongue I can drive the chair, adjust the seating, make a phone call, operate my TV, computer/mouse, lights, automatic doors, thermostat and more. Unfortunately the company that makes this is now out of business so I'm going to have to switch to something else and you've show me some pretty good ideas.
    RickC3C4
    TX RAS Lic #0450
    www.AccessTX.org

Just wanted to say that I did order and have received my new chair that was built very similarly to the one you've shown here. Thanks again for the great ideas.
    RickC3C4
    TX RAS Lic #0450
    www.AccessTX.org

Invacare TDX SR w/ Motion UltraLow System & Sip-n-Puff Driving System

Glad to help. I recently issued a sip-n-puff operated TDX SR with a Motion Concepts UltraLow system that I've been meaning to post. Lately, work has been extremely hectic and my CareCure time has been focused largely on finding out about the TiLite ZR/ZRA Series 2, so I haven't had much time to discuss some of the "other chairs" that I do.

Started a separate thread here....

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=142155

Last edited by SCI_OTR; 11-03-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Started a separate thread for this specific chair

Impressive. The quality of life of the Vets concerned must have increased by leaps and bounds. Now, if only we can get someone like you over here to make the necessary adaptations for people with high tetraplegia.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

that looks good! thats a cool thing you did
    Aspergers,hypotonic CP, Autonomic Issues.

Disney OBSESSED family

WOW, and ditto all the compliments to you, SCI_OTR, and best wishes to the end user!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Invacare TDX SR w/ Motion Concepts UltraLow System, Vent Tray & Sip-N-Puff Head Array

Great!

We have soap opera here in uk. Character has just got head control chair,yet no sip/blow tubes. Is this possible?

Paul

Yes it's possible, I have a asl head rest that has one cheek switch and all the headrest switches to.
    c3/c4, injured 2007

Here's an ASL Head Array...

Have you had any issues with the Motion Concepts tilt feature?
    My husband had a chair like this built spring of 09 and the tilt has not been reliable.