View Poll Results: Have you gotten the Swine Flu Vaccine?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes with no symptoms

17 31.48%
  • Yes and I hurt ..........

2 3.70%
  • No I haven't and I'm not sick

34 62.96%
  • No but I have the Swine Flu

1 1.85%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you gotten the Swine Flu Vaccine?

Have you gotten the Swine Flu Vaccine?

Just wonder how many of us has gotten the vaccine & if anyone has gotten sick from it, or w/o it.

Let us know if you've got the flu.

Got the vaccine on Tuesday. Felt a bit dizzy .. was fatigued 2 days later .. had a hard lump on my arm ... but all's well by Thursday!

The risk of not getting it is greater than the risk of getting the vaccine. Especially if you have visiting PCA's that come into contact with others, especially children.

Are you in a temperate zone in Texas? In the north, I would encourage others to get it ... but if you're in Florida or Texas ... isn't it usually warmer there? How bad does the seasonal flu get there? I have no experience as I've not been to either place ever.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Lynnifer, here's a worldwide flu tracking map that provides totals for cases and deaths from H1N1. You can zoom in on the region you want for more info. While the totals appear to be accurate, I'd can't figure out what's up with the text in the pop up boxes -- it seems to be snippets of various reports of cases, sometimes two and three reports of the same occurrences, and is confusing as hell. Anyway, this map shows cases occurring in all climates, even the temperate ones.

According to this CDC map, H1N1 is prevalent in the southern states, with statewide saturation.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

haven't got h1n1 vac as doc doesn't have it yet. my son had the flu 3-4 wks ago, pretty sure it was h1n1 (he's 17). so prob been exposed anyway. his flu was mild. doc's nurse said those around in 1976 in u.s. may have been exposed then and have some immunity. who knows. swine flu isn't new. iowa now reporting sick family cat. now that's kind of weird. anyway, i think there is too much media hype and not enough emphasis on protection.

no....sigh....not having sp probs, my laptop kb sticky....
    Last edited by cass; 11-05-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: sticky kb

Curious if y'all are getting the injectable or the nasal? Very little has been available here in Charleston, and the only thing that is here is the nasal. From what I've been able to read, Matt as a quad should be getting the injectable - is that right? THe info has been very confusing.

If the flu is mild, you can get it twice. It has happened to enough people here. And the shot should be taken twice with three weeks between for all children under 12 and for all the people at risk.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I feel very conflicted about getting the H1N1 vaccine. I had the opportunity to get it for free last week at the university I'm attending, but decided not to take advantage of that. I got the seasonal vaccine (as I usually do), but I'm not confident that the H1N1 shot has been fully tested for safety. I'm still vacillating on whether to get one.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

I need to, but I have not done it yet.

I have H1N1... started Tamiflu yesterday... My advice... get the vaccine (we live in Colorado and it's almost impossible to get). I started Don on a prophylactic course of Tamiflu yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ergvepeog View Post
    I have H1N1... started Tamiflu yesterday... My advice... get the vaccine (we live in Colorado and it's almost impossible to get). I started Don on a prophylactic course of Tamiflu yesterday.

How are you feeling? I hope you get well soon. {hugs}

Lynnifer do the colder states get the flu more?
    I don't get the flu shots or the flu any more.
    I guess because I'm getting old.
    I'm glad you're okay.
    I've been busy with the girls' dad.