Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So...I've got some $$$ left in my Flexible Health spending plan...how to burn it...??

We can use ours on almost anything "medical" Last year we had about $50 left, and my husband stocked up on 1st aid supplies.

But I have always been very conservative on the amount we put away. Have a "good" year, and you lose money.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post

FWIW - Not to be tight-arsed, but you do know that when you ask for suggestions on how to convert your FSA into cash for non-medical purposes, you are publicly asking others to assist you in committing tax fraud? Perhaps you would consider structuring your question in a legal manner?
    He has a good point, probably want to be careful how you phrase this, it is a public forum, and the internet.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I put $3,500 in mine in '09 and it was used up by July. My wife had carpal tunnel surgeries this year and the copays for that and our prescriptions used a large chunk of it.

This year I'm doing all $5,000. I can use mine for repairs to the w/c accessible equipment in my van and even simple things like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandages, and antacids.

Buy a Vitaglide for working out. Win/win situation.