Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So...I've got some $$$ left in my Flexible Health spending plan...how to burn it...??

So...I've got some $$$ left in my Flexible Health spending plan...how to burn it...??

So I have about $1,000 left in my company healthcare account thing. You can put up to $5k in per year (before tax) to spend on medical crap. I put $2k in, but I have $1k left. If I don't spend it, I lose it.

So. I really don't need too much. I could buy another shower chair or toilet seat. I could get a new cushion....

My real questions is - what can I buy that is medical that I can quickly turn around and sell to someone else (on ebay say)???? I could really do with the cold hard cash rather than $1,000 of medical crap I don't need.

Ideas appreciated. And hello, I'm new here...sorta
    Last edited by MarkB701; 11-04-2009 at 05:20 PM.

You go to spinlife.com and buy the most expensive thing you can with the funds you have.

Then you EBAY it.

You're welcome.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Can you buy something at a local shop that can be returned unopened at a later date?
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

ANd obvioulsy, next year, you now have a better estimate>
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I'm thinking about buying something that I can take back.....hate to do that though. $1k is alot though.

Hey, if anyone out there needs anything medical, I'll buy it for you

Some plan allows 15 months to use it. I know my plan does so I have from Jan 1, 2009 to March 2010.

Having money left over means you have been relatively healthy this year. That is excellent news. Mark do you use contacts or eyeglasses? Get yourself a couple pairs of wazoo sunglasses if you have a rx. Could you get a pair of prescription binoculars for hunting?

What you need is one of those great bidet toilet seats. get the one that uses warm water, and air dries your bottom. Decadence is good.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

I didn't sign up for this even though my company offers it just because of this reason. I really don't know how much medical things I really need.

What exactly do you spend it on that your insurance doesn't already cover?
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Quote Originally Posted by MarkPals View Post
    Having money left over means you have been relatively healthy this year. That is excellent news. Mark do you use contacts or eyeglasses? Get yourself a couple pairs of wazoo sunglasses if you have a rx. Could you get a pair of prescription binoculars for hunting?

What you need is one of those great bidet toilet seats. get the one that uses warm water, and air dries your bottom. Decadence is good.
    Lol....yes, that's what I need..! a gold plated bidet.......Saddam Hussein style

And yes, been healthy this year, very thankful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post
    I didn't sign up for this even though my company offers it just because of this reason. I really don't know how much medical things I really need.

What exactly do you spend it on that your insurance doesn't already cover?
    Well, drug co-pays for me and my wife. Glasses, contacts.......in previous years I used it for a handcycle. I wont put as much away next year. It's silly to save some money on taxes and then have to buy crap I don't really need.....use it or lose it??? I don't get the thinking behind that...