Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Picture album for a birthday present

Picture album for a birthday present

My granddaughter turns 13 y/o this month & all her pictures are in the pc or camera. Nothing printed. So I thought I'd make her an album.

Who has the best prices online. I looked up WalGreen and it's 9 cents for 4 x 6 online. But you have to have them shipped which costs. WalMart is 19 cents online and I can get them at the store.

Does anyone print photos online? Any tips you can pass on?

Thanks

Don't remember the price, but are you a member of Sams Club?

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    My granddaughter turns 13 y/o this month & all her pictures are in the pc or camera. Nothing printed. So I thought I'd make her an album.

Who has the best prices online. I looked up WalGreen and it's 9 cents for 4 x 6 online. But you have to have them shipped which costs. WalMart is 19 cents online and I can get them at the store.

Does anyone print photos online? Any tips you can pass on?

Thanks

another option is the digital picture frames, copy the pictures onto a usb drive and plug it in, it's portable, i got some of the seven inch ones for christmas presents last year, around 40 bucks ea
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    another option is the digital picture frames, copy the pictures onto a usb drive and plug it in, it's portable, i got some of the seven inch ones for christmas presents last year, around 40 bucks ea
    No I'm not Tam63 but her mother is. Does Sams have better price?

Bruce I'll have to look digital frames up. Not sure what that is.

We use Walmart.Quick and simple.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    No I'm not Tam63 but her mother is. Does Sams have better price?

Bruce I'll have to look digital frames up. Not sure what that is.
    they also have digital picture frames in keyrings, so you can carry them around, but they only hold about 40 pictures, but only about 10 bucks.

the 7" ones holds about 2gigs of data, so i got all four thousand of ours on one usb drive, and you can update the usb drive as needed

just a thought
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Sometimes Sams is cheaper - I tried to look up the price for you, but can't get it online. Might vary by area too - you could call your local one and ask.

Digital frames are cool - they basically do a photo slideshow on a small screen. But you may have to be a bit tech savvy to get them on the thing in the order you want, not cropped, etc (I am getting my best friend one for Christmas).

If you're wanting to do a personalized album, or even scrapbook style, printing them out would make something more personal in my opinion. If she has them all on a computer, a digital frame isn't going to do anything her computer can't I don't think.

Sounds like a very nice idea for a gift.

Thanks Bruce all this new equipment.
    I'm sure she'd love it!

Thanks Tam. I'm so old school. I'll check out Sam's.
    They're usually cheaper than anyone else.
    I like albums. She'd probably like both. She's young & likes all the new gadgets.
    But give me pictures I can hold. lol

I use Walgreens all the time. If you can wait, there are often coupon codes for 10c each. I upload the pictures from my computer, and I pick them up at any store I pick. I have even "sent" them to a different Walgreens, and my sister has picked them up. Without a coupon, prints are 19 cents in the store. They are usually ready in about an hour, and they will email you when they are done. If by any chance the equipment at the store is broken, and they aren;t working they tell you before you send out your order, so you can pick a different store.

ps ... I just checked my email, and they have a special going on until this Sat, 4X6 prints are 10cents each until Nov. 7, picked up in person. (So no shipping charges)

http://photo.walgreens.com/storepage...Id=Print+Offer

You enter the coupon code TENEACH at the end.

I think it is a good idea, she will love it. I did one for my youngest for her birthday this summer. The hard part is choosing the pictures!
    Last edited by sjean423; 11-04-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    I use Walgreens all the time. If you can wait, there are often coupon codes for 10c each. I upload the pictures from my computer, and I pick them up at any store I pick. I have even "sent" them to a different Walgreens, and my sister has picked them up. Without a coupon, prints are 19 cents in the store. They are usually ready in about an hour, and they will email you when they are done. If by any chance the equipment at the store is broken, and they aren;t working they tell you before you send out your order, so you can pick a different store.

ps ... I just checked my email, and they have a special going on until this Sat, 4X6 prints are 10cents each until Nov. 7, picked up in person. (So no shipping charges)

http://photo.walgreens.com/storepage...Id=Print+Offer

You enter the coupon code TENEACH at the end.

I think it is a good idea, she will love it. I did one for my youngest for her birthday this summer. The hard part is choosing the pictures!
    Wow! Thanks sweetie! That's a great deal!
    Yeah I have a million to pick through.
    I looked and they have an album regularly $29 for $19.
    Are those the right kind of album I need?
    has place for picture in front.
    I wonder how the picture attaches and what color the pages are?My pca said her daughter made one with different color pages and even decorated like frames were around the pics?
    Have you ever done that? What does it look like? Good?
    I'm headed to WalMart now. I'm gonna look at their albums.

Thanks bunches. {hugs}