Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just got my new chair and its just not comfty

Question just got my new chair and its just not comfty

ok so i just got my new chair, finally. this chair when we measured me for it was to be smaller than the last. i didnt order any side protectors, i have never needed them before. i am apparantly eating way to many bisquits because the left tire is rubbing my leg and i have a little spot thats been rubbed raw. so, i am back in the old chair which is way to big and the back is just slam wore out. i contacted the guy who sold it to me and he's suppose to get back to me about getting me some side rails. he is checking to see of medicaid will pay for it. i was wondering something...its a quickie body but the back says jay? is this right?
    Last edited by shawnmichelle; 11-03-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: i had a brain fart

What make and model of chair? You should be able to adjust the wheels out from the frame for more leg > wheel clearance.

it is a quickie gt

You ought to be able to adjust the wheels - in the meantime, put cardboard where a guard would be - you'll be able to use the chair then.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnmichelle View Post
    ok so i just got my new chair, finally. this chair when we measured me for it was to be smaller than the last. i didnt order any side protectors, i have never needed them before. i am apparantly eating way to many bisquits because the left tire is rubbing my leg and i have a little spot thats been rubbed raw. so, i am back in the old chair which is way to big and the back is just slam wore out. i contacted the guy who sold it to me and he's suppose to get back to me about getting me some side rails. he is checking to see of medicaid will pay for it. i was wondering something...its a quickie body but the back says jay? is this right?
    quickie n jay : wasnt both of them under one name?
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

If it is just rubbing a little bit buy a couple of spacers (those round discs with holes in the center) from any hardware store. Put the on the wheel axle outside to push the wheels out a little, at least until you can get a set of sideguards.

Those round things I just realized are called spacers. Duh......not a big hardware person here
    Last edited by Eileen; 11-03-2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: remembered real name "spacers"

I use the same chair and needed the side / clothing guards to keep my roho from rubbing on the spokes. Shouldn't be a significant expense or difficult fix.
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

The Quickie GT is adjustable width, wheelbase width, that is. The camber tubes slide in and out after loosening one of the mounting bolts (bottom one's I think - see owners manual for pictures and step by step wheel spacing adjustment) connecting them to the axle plate. Basically, loose the 2 bolts, slide the tubes out a bit, and re-torque bolts. Chair guy should have no problem doing this for you. If he does, get a new chair guy.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I am using side guards. Without my thights is inside in the wheel. I couldn't have so narrow chair without. I have tried without but then my clothes were getting really dirty. But here everybody is using sideguards.
    Maybe it is the weather and because we wheel more than you do outside.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Jay and Quickie are part of Sunrise Medical. It makes sense that a Jay back is on a Quickie chair...but then again...any after market back basically can be installed on basically any type of chair.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss