Thread: Eyelashes

Eyelashes

I have these really long eyelashes on the top of my eyes and once in awhile one of the little ones on the bottom will get tangled up with one of the ones on top and I'll have an eyelash poking me in the eye. My gimpy hands can't grab them and pull them out like they used to be able to, not to mention it only happens when I'm in bed it seems like. What do you other quads with gimpy hands do to get eyelashes out of your eyes? It's driving me nuts. I feel like I've been fighting it for the past two hours.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

have a friend that you trust trim them for you.

big old wet facecloth works fine.

hi Rybread
    Thjs may not be appealing or pretty but with cows n all here We got pleny of stories in the Wooden Barns ..

When that happens to me I am a quad what I do is ask my friend to get out the hot Cattle Branding iron and he fixes me up . Plus hot metal cauretzes and all so it dont really hurt after the initial Jab >in thy eyes .
    Anotherthing i've Done is ride my elec wheelchir 6 - 7 mph and aim myself open eyed / focused on a thorny rose bed . Then hit the roses head on at full throttle but I dont like bumblebees

================================================== ===============
    Only joking actually when my lashes bother me I get em trimmed as mentioned above
    Hugs
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsylady

Keep smiling

Rybread, do you actually have this problem?

Eyelid Entropion

http://www.medicineonline.com/topics...Entropion.html

This may require plastic surgery of the eyelid or sometimes can be handled by electrolysis of the involved eyelashes.

(KLD)

I don't have any problems with my eyelids, I have problems with eyelashes occasionally getting caught up in each other and poking me in the eye which is pretty rare but when it happens I can't grab ahold of the eyelash to get it out and it only happens when I'm alone, typically in bed by myself at night. LOL, that's just my luck by the morning it usually solves itself out meanwhile I'll have an eyelash poking me in the eye. Just curious what other people do when they're alone.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Dear Rye I am coming there and doing the custard pie trick joke on ya for them lashes when you are sleeping so save me a cup of cofee at breakfast
    Keep smiling
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsy