View Poll Results: Do you have bladder issues linked to similar cord problems?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: New MRI I don't understand---Bladder Problems???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question New MRI I don't understand---Bladder Problems???

I have had 3 spinal surgeries in the past. L3/4 (Microdiscectomy), L5/S1(Microdiscectomy), Cervical Fusion C4-6. I have problems with my bladder, and have always been told that it was just damage from the surgeries. This past month my neurologist wanted to get a MRI of my T-Spine. I was shocked at what it said:

Central and right paracentral spondylitic spur formation indenting the thoracic cord at T5-T6 and T7-T8. The remaining disc spaces appear normal. No disc protrusion or extrusion. The thecal sac, spinal canal, neural foramina, and thoracic cord are normal. Vertebral bodies are normal in height and alignment and marrow signal. The rest of the bony structures are normal. No paraspinal lesions seen. Surrounding soft tissues are normal.

Impression: 1. Central and right paracentral spondlytic spur indenting the thoracic cord at T5-T6 and T7-T8. /////End of MRI///

I wonder if this could have anything to do with my bladder problems. Also is this dangerous since this appears in the "critical zone"? I am not sure because the report is not as clear as before, but does indenting the thoracic cord mean mylopathy, or could this be non-mylopathy still. I am having to wait a couple of weeks to see the neuro-surgeon again, and was just wondering if anyone out there had bladder problems with this kind of MRI results. If anyone can help put the MRI in simpler terms please do. Thanks!!!

Cord compression can cause bladder problems, either retention or incontinence or both. Do you also have bowel and sexual dysfunction? They usually go along with bladder dysfunction related to cord damage. Have you seen a urologist and had urodynamics done? This can tell the neurologic effects on your bladder. You cannot tell this with an MRI.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Cord compression can cause bladder problems, either retention or incontinence or both. Do you also have bowel and sexual dysfunction? They usually go along with bladder dysfunction related to cord damage. Have you seen a urologist and had urodynamics done? This can tell the neurologic effects on your bladder. You cannot tell this with an MRI.

(KLD)
    Yes, I have a urologist and he says that the nerve damage has caused the problems with my bladder function. He did a Urinary dynamics test among others before he made the diagnosis. As far as sexual dysfunction, my urologist installed a penile prosthesis after trying oral meds, and injections that didn't work. Can you tell me anything about the indention in the thoracic cord, or is there a website where I could find the information? Thank you for all that you do. Respectfully, J.C.