Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Solid Seat Pan questions

Solid Seat Pan questions

I have a TiLite TR chair with strap adjustable seat upholstry. If I wanted to switch to a solid seat pan, does anyone know how the seat pan would connect to the chair? Are there screw holes in the frame under this upholstry?

Are there aftermarket companies making seat pans to consider?
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

If you want a seat pan go for one of this http://dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=3

But if you have got strap adjustable seat upholstry you can`t connect it to the chair, there is no problem with a bolt on seats upholstry because you only have to take it out and use the same screws and drill the seat pan, that screws are connect to the frame with rivet nuts that are in the frame.
    So if you want a solid pan you`ve got this options:
    - velcro, i`m not sure if that will work.
    - drill thought the frame two or three holes each side the frame and use long screws and nuts.
    - and the best option is put 2-3 rivet nuts each side.

You would need to go to a profesional, because you would need cobalt drills for make holes in titanium and a special tool for put the rivet nuts.

But i think that Tilite will do it to you if you send them the frame for put a few rivet nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    If you want a seat pan go for one of this http://dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=3

But if you have got strap adjustable seat upholstry you can`t connect it to the chair, there is no problem with a bolt on seats upholstry because you only have to take it out and use the same screws and drill the seat pan, that screws are connect to the frame with rivet nuts that are in the frame.
    So if you want a solid pan you`ve got this options:
    - velcro, i`m not sure if that will work.
    - drill thought the frame two or three holes each side the frame and use long screws and nuts.
    - and the best option is put 2-3 rivet nuts each side.

You would need to go to a profesional, because you would need cobalt drills for make holes in titanium and a special tool for put the rivet nuts.

But i think that Tilite will do it to you if you send them the frame for put a few rivet nuts.
    Toto pretty much describes your options. My ZR was ordered with a solid seat, 3 holes per side.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the CAD drawing that Ti used, which I forwarded to DragonPlate to make my CF replacement.

Don't get the aluminum one that TiLite sells because it's heavy. Get a carbon fiber one like totoL1 recommended.
    6/18/00: T-5 complete

adi makes one too
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I used the strap upholstery to hold a solid seatpan on a chair once. I laid the seatpan on the tubing, then put the straps over it. I wanted to test the solid pan before I drilled the frame.

Just something to consider, drilling your own holes will probably void the warenty...

Don't drill your frame! You could compromise the structural integrity. ADI's CF seat pan attaches without drilling any holes in the frame.

aint that kewl. whats the web site ADI............this site rocks, ive learned more in the last 4 weeks than i have in the last 13 years

pimp ride steve. are those adi side guards too
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer