Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Küschall K4 Carbon

Küschall K4 Carbon

I'm new to this forum, but I know how much you guys like pictures of wheelchairs

I currently own a Küschall Competition, wich you can see in combination with my pure electrical handbike (Stricker Electrolomo) here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenrossey/4024690597/

I am currently testing out different kind of wheelchairs to determine what will be my next. I really love Küschall wheelchairs so it will very likely again be a Küschall.
    I live in Belgium so I can easily get Küschalls here. We can also get TiLite's, and I like them too (especially ZR), but I like the looks of küschall more and my sister already ownes a ZR, and I want something different

I tested a Küschall K4 (Carbon) and a KSL. The K4 Carbon is a very new model, I can't find anything about it on the internet.
    My next chair will probably be a KSL, I really like it's looks and it's weight. The only problem I have with the KSL is that I don't think the frame is strong enough for my handbike (thoughts?).

Pictures of Küschall K4 Carbon:

Pictures of me in KSL:

What do you guys think about these chairs?
    Last edited by JenR; 10-31-2009 at 10:40 AM.

totoL1 is the guy to speak too, he seems to be the European wheelchair expert. me personally, i own a Kuschall AirLite Pro. it has some nice options. the spring loaded swing away scissor brakes are nice, as are the folding carbon side guards. i also liked the Starec Hub and wheels. never a problem with squeaks, busted spokes etc. i have 3 sets and found them to be extremely durable when it came to 24 plus spoke wheels. Kuschall has a nice standard option on the chairs, the back of the seat fabic has a handy velcro'ed pouch and the seat also locks in the folded position. other than that its not a big person chair (180-220lbs). it is a very nice performing chair on hard SMOOTH surfaces

Quote Originally Posted by JenR View Post
    We can also get TiLite's, and I like them too (especially ZR), but I like the looks of küschall more and my sister already ownes a ZR, and I want something different
    You and your sister are both wheelchair users??!! I think that's a first around here.

Welcome to CC, JenR!

hey, is that a watch, on top of the front caster barrel? =.= what an innovation...LOL...

p/s : this gave me an idea.if i get my marvel, the first thing i want to do is get rid of the anodized paint and cover the frame with a carbon fiber film...YEAH!!!!!!
    Last edited by nia adha; 10-31-2009 at 11:32 AM.

I don`t like the K4 carbon, i don`t like that frame, the KSL it`s ok.
    But my favorite L frame its ZR.

What about this new Panthera X ?, the lightest on the world, without rear wheels 2.1 kilos, and if you are from Belgium you are not going to have problems for buy it, i`m waiting for try a demo in December and they start sell it in January.
    Maybe for your handbike is not the best option, for that i will go for a ZR, but if you are looking for a new model you`ve better go for the KSL or the new Quickie Helium.

check out the marvel m1, there are several threads already started with pictures about it. www.marvelwheelchairs.com or www.marvelpro.com

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    hey, is that a watch, on top of the front caster barrel? =.= what an innovation...LOL...
    Not really an innovation, Küschall have had those watches as an option for a long time, I have one on my 7 year old Competition

I would be very hesitant about putting your Carbon fibre open frame to a bike. The open frames have so much flex with all four wheels on the ground ; with the front casters off the ground it would be even more. Carbon Fibre is strong but it also can shatter if too much flex or vibration is experienced.

I've owned many open frame chairs over the years,probably had one of the first Kushalls in Canada back in the day. I'm going back to either a Terminator or Tilite Tr. They are lighter framed and less flex.

Use your old frame for the bike, it seems to be working so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JenR View Post
    Not really an innovation, Küschall have had those watches as an option for a long time, I have one on my 7 year old Competition
    if it's a tissot, omega or oris, the wheelchair might cost another 600euro...hahaha....
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

I am not planning to put my handbike on a carbon chair. I don't really like the K4 Carbon, because it's not much lighter than the regular version. So the carbon is really just for the looks imo. The panthera is cool, but not really my thing.
    The KSL frame is some sort of very good aluminium, but indeed has an open frame wich makes it more vulnerable.

Using my old frame for the bike is not really an option, because I can't transfer between wheelchairs on my own.

@nia_adha, it's no tissot , but it still a €100 option, and if the battery is dead, you need a new one. You can't just replace the battery, which is really stupid!