Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hand controls

Quote Originally Posted by warchi81 View Post
    Hey 6guncobra

do you mind taking a few picks of your controls? I'm very interested in them. How do you transfer up and in the tundra. Do you have a glide N' go?
    Pics below are of the guido simplex hand controls and of the glide 'n go system by Access America. Hand controls are great and I really like them. The seat works well but the uncovered greased up deployment arm can cause a mess if you are not careful. They should have provided some type of cover with it.

These two systems are on a '05 Toyota Tundra.

Glide 'n Go in stowed posistion

Arm is lowered. Seat is then folded down.

Seat down and ready for transfer. Note greased uncovered arm.

Very cool. Would a glide N' go work on a four door pick up with regular doors? I'm in the process of looking into a bruno lift, but need the Glide N' go to be able to hook up to the lift.

So I am finaly going to stop messing around and get hand controls installed on my Tacoma pickup truck. I dearly love it and do not want to trade it in for a car. I'm going to make it work for the mean while before I give in to the car idea. I know there is no right or wrong way to go, but just wondering people opinions are and if there are better ones than others. Also if anyone drives a tacoma what brand are you running. I know there is a guy on here that has the same truck I do, but he has not gotten back to me. I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks
    I can see you're passionate about the vehicle you drive as am I. I recently did some significant modifications to my cobra so I can drive. I'll spare you the details. However, I have found and controls from suregrip to be very usable. I use them in my van and in my cobra. When you're passionate about a particular vehicle you spare no expense. I would recommend that you get permanently installed hand controls [they are transferable although you'll need a professional to do it]. I have used transferable controls and found them to be somewhat lacking. I enjoy performance driving and I wanted to get the best throttle control and brake control I could afford. I tried a few permanent installations and decided on suregrip. One of the owners of the company owns a pretty hot Mopar. He drag races when it with these hand controls. Good luck.
    Ted

Very cool. Would a glide N' go work on a four door pick up with regular doors? I'm in the process of looking into a bruno lift, but need the Glide N' go to be able to hook up to the lift.
    Not sure if it would work or not. Check their website. Check into a Bruno turney (sp) type seat as this may do the trick for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by taronis View Post
    I enjoy performance driving and I wanted to get the best throttle control and brake control I could afford. I tried a few permanent installations and decided on suregrip. One of the owners of the company owns a pretty hot Mopar. He drag races when it with these hand controls.
    Drag racing is different from auto-xing or road racing. I wish there were better options available in the USA for hand controls for manual transmissions.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing View Post
    Drag racing is different from auto-xing or road racing. I wish there were better options available in the USA for hand controls for manual transmissions.

C.
    I know the difference well. My modifications go well beyond any controls. Unfortunately, since I could find no real hand controls for the clutch, I had the manual transmission pulled out of the car and replaced with and automatic transmission. This are transmission as a manual shift body. With it I use a ratchet shifter. To shift all I have to do is hit the shifter up and down much like a motorcycle shifter. I find this quite adequate on the road. The key is to have any control we can simultaneously hold the wheel and the throttle while spinning with your left hand. During that instant you can reach and shift. It takes practice but is very doable. Good luck.

im interested in getting hand controls but know where and which ones are best. how muich did u pay for urs and where did u purchase them at.Is there a place that can help with the purchase of them