Thread: Cell phones

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico

Question Cell phones

I'd love to get in on the wireless networking telephone thing with an I-Phone or the like, but as a c5-6 quad, I'm not sure that I could operate one and if I could, how do I hold/carry it without worrying about dropping it all the time?
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

I got an iPhone about three months ago and love it. It is very easy to just drag a finger across the screen to get to your apps and such. I bought a hard plastic shell case for it that has a raised rubber edge on the front, so even if it landed face down it would land on the rubber edge. The hardest part for me is turning it on and off completely, so I mostly just let it be in "sleep" position and then it is easy to wake it up for use. A good leather or fabric case with a lanyard attached to your chair would keep it from a floor bounce even if you lost hold of it.
    I forgot to mention that leaving it in the sleep position is fine. It just means it needs to be charged nightly, no big deal as it only takes about an hour to charge.
    Last edited by Eileen; 10-28-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: additional info

Eileen,

Hey thanks! I think I'll take the plunge.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions

I got the thinnest case I could for my iPhone and put a camera wrist strap in the headphones hole. It works perfect.

cool; thx Pete.
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions

i just got two weeks ago. it's great! you can get a rubber case i got one after my friends ex-wife tossed it out the window of his car at 65. after he dropped her off at rehab he went back to get the pieces for insurance but it was sitting on the side of the road still working. only thing the rubber got ripped so he went and got another case i told him to pick me up one. i think the name is dlo it even makes it easier to hold with it.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

You are so going to love the iPhone. Within two weeks it went from fun and cool to my single most important possession. The apps are amazing. I have weather, tide charts, some medical stuff, movie times, find restaurants, and lots more, plus the quality of the pictures from the phone is pretty amazing too, and makes emailing them off to friends a snap.

I have this case on my iPhone 3G... and I've dropped it countless times, no problems @ all aside from a scuffed up case (but that's the point).

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/R...hp?color=black

I had a Speck Toughskin on my 1st gen iPhone... that was great too, but was trickier to slide in/out of pockets b/c it's all rubber. www.speckproducts.com