Thread: Evan:s progress

Blog Entries

Evan:s progress

EVAN WENT TO SEE HIS MD. AT KENNEDY KRIEGER YESTERDAY.HE WAS A C4 COMPLETE AND IS CONVERTING TO AN INCOMPLETE. HIS INJURY LEVEL HAS IMPROVED FROM C4 TO C5 WITH SOME SENSATION DOWN TO T1 ,T2. HE WORKS OUT LIKE CRAZY AND USES HIS FES BIKE EVERY OTHER DAY. HE IS GOING TO BEGIN TAKING FAMPRIDINE IN A FEW DAYS. WE ARE ENCOURAGED THAT THIS MEDICATION WILL HELP IMPROVE BLADDER /BOWEL FUNCTION AND INCREASE MOTOR AND SENSORY FUNCTION. NO BED SORES NO UTI :S AND EXCELLENT ROM. HE GETS STRETCHED OUT EVERY MORNING FOR AN HOUR. HE LIFTS WEIGHTS EVERY OTHER DAY. I USE THE E STIM ON HIS MUSCLES. I DO SEE PROGRESS , IT IS SLOW BUT HE CONTINUES TO GAIN A LITTLE BIT MORE EACH MONTH. JUST WANTED TO ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO KEEP ON EXERCISING NO MATTER HOW TIRED YOU BECOME. I TELL EVAN WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THE FOOTBALL GAME OR YOU GETTING BETTER. IF PATRIC RUMMERFIELD CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN ....
    Last edited by evansmom; 10-27-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: mistake

yahoo keepit up good luck

Great news!

Hi there,
    I am so happy to hear about Evans progress. That is wonderful news and I am so happy for both of you. I know how hard you have both worked and it is paying off.

David is improving also. He finally got to outpatient rehab 2 weeks ago and they are working on his upper body strength. He too is determined to do all he can to make himself better. I am filling out the forms for KK so that later down the road when he is stronger, he can go there too. He does more than they ask him at rehab,( if they say do 2 sets of 20, he does 3). They are pleased but don't want him overdoing either. Now that he feels better he wants to do it all.

I do want to say also, that everyone who helped me during the early stages of David's injury, you were life savers. Your kind words and advice helped so much. It encouraged me to be able to not fall apart but go forward with my son. Thank you all.

DavesMom, Diane

Hi Diane and Evans mom. Glad to hear they are working as hard as they are. It makes such difference later on. I know Dave really had his challenges and seems to be finally over the hump. This is the part of mentoring I really like; to see a person with perseverance thrive and continue the good life. Take Care, Patrick

Good job! Nice talking to you, still doing research...hugs, judy

Glad to hear the good news! Just a word of caution to not overdo it too much. Those muscles are not used to working that hard and doing too much too fast can cause them to get injured.
    CKF

Blog Entries

To mad mommie

Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    Good job! Nice talking to you, still doing research...hugs, judy
    JUDY I CALLED AND LEFT A MESSAGE AT KK FOR JODI TO CAL ME. WILL HAVE SOME INFO FOR U IN A FEW DAYS.