Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair Bodybuilding

My update progress pics.

I am hopeing this will motivate some more to start bodybuilding. We are a growing class in the sport, and new in the 100% Naturel INBF that I compete in.
    Were theres a will theres a way. NEVER SAY I CAN'T OR LISSON TO ANYONE THAT SAYS YOU CAN'T.
    1997 I was told I would never be competitive with my M.S. 1999 - 2004, I took home 10 trophys from 11 shows. 2004 doctors took me of lifting heavey weights completly. Mid 2009 ended up in a wheelchair. Late 2009 I found out about wheelchair bodybuilding and said the heck with the doctors and went back lifting weights. I just found ways to work around my problems. I am not saying it is for everyone, but if you are competitive and have the "never say I can't" additude give it a try. Theres a lot more to it than people think, and the pride you and your famaly will have in you, you carry with you the rest of your life. VanDamn, Patrick you have my utmost respect forever.

I'm a WNBF Pro Wheelchair Bodybuilder with national sponsors. Any questions feel free to ask.

Rich - you look amazing. Well done!

Do you maintain those bodyfat levels year round?
    U.S. Marine Boot Camp Workouts Trainer to health fitness boot camps bootcamp exercises with bodyweight exercises for interval training. Hosted PBX and website traffic consulting. I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me. Phili: 4:13

I try to keep between 10-12%. That way it is less to loose for comp but yet enough to make gains. I am around 8% now in pics. I'm coming into a cutting faze for April 10th comp.

Thanks for the complements.
    I'm a WNBF Pro Wheelchair Bodybuilder with national sponsors. Any questions feel free to ask.

You're definitely a huge inspiration - keep up the good work!
    U.S. Marine Boot Camp Workouts Trainer to health fitness boot camps bootcamp exercises with bodyweight exercises for interval training. Hosted PBX and website traffic consulting. I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me. Phili: 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by Rick1971 View Post
    You're definitely a huge inspiration - keep up the good work!
    Thanks, but there are others out there more deserving.

Rich,

You can give yourself more credit than that but I understand the humbleness that you present.

I would be interested in doing a story about you on one of my blogs. I'm always interested in success stories as they are a great way to motivate others and show them how others have overcome their own personal obstacles to achieve what they have. You have six pack abs that are the envy of most guys yet they think it is too hard to work for something like that.

I'm not sure if you would be interested in being featured in a story but if you are send me a PM and we could talk about it. We could put some pictures in the story and give some recognition to WCBB.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick1971 View Post
    Rich,

You can give yourself more credit than that but I understand the humbleness that you present.

I would be interested in doing a story about you on one of my blogs. I'm always interested in success stories as they are a great way to motivate others and show them how others have overcome their own personal obstacles to achieve what they have. You have six pack abs that are the envy of most guys yet they think it is too hard to work for something like that.

I'm not sure if you would be interested in being featured in a story but if you are send me a PM and we could talk about it. We could put some pictures in the story and give some recognition to WCBB.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Rick
    LOL I have more of a 1 pack due to tearing them as a boy, but thanks. YA, you can have the worlds best abbs but till you cut the BF you will never see them. I'm in the 7-8% range in the last pics, another 4-5% to drop for comp. Slowly over the next couple months, comp is on April 10th. (show has a wheelchair class) I invite others to come do the show to suport Wheelchair Bodybuilding and have fun. 100% Natural, tested show.
    2010 INBF Central USA Natural Bodybuilding, Ms. Fit Body and Figure Challenge
    April 10, 2010
    North High, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    e-mail Brenda Rahe at absdefinition@aol.com to request an entry form.

Rich,

I got your info and pictures and will be working on an article this week featuring you. Your pictures are amazing and I know will be inspiring to others. It's going to be a busy week but I should have something up by end of week.

We can do some follow up articles after your competition and detail some of your training and diet. I think people would be very interested in learning details on what you do.

Rick

Sounds good. Thanks for everything.

I will watch for it. Maybe post the link on here when you get it done.

At this point I would like to thank M.S. Society-WI Chapter for granting me a new TiLite ZRA to replace my 30+ year old Quickie 2. With this I consider them a Life Time Sponsor.