Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair Bodybuilding

I think there should be a guide line on WCBB. I don't thing someone in a chair per say because they broke a leg working out and is in a cast the day of the show should be able to do wheelchair.

I think down to 80% time in chair is legit. but any less than that should be out.
    I say 80% for the following resons.
    1. saftey to the person during workouts.
    2. liabilitys - dependability/unpredictability of legs

I also think maybe we should have to take proof it is not a temporary wheelchair case.
    Heck it a pro football player gets hurt they just don't play till they are healed.

A bodybuilder get hurt they should just not compete on stage till they are healed.

Kinda harsh there! my cauda equina would not even count as a disability a few years ago, and my mom focused on making me walk as much as possible as a kid. I can still work legs, even squat on good days.

Where would that leave me? I'm still in a chair if I have to travel and distance and do my cardio in a racing chair.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemuscle View Post
    Kinda harsh there! my cauda equina would not even count as a disability a few years ago, and my mom focused on making me walk as much as possible as a kid. I can still work legs, even squat on good days.

Where would that leave me? I'm still in a chair if I have to travel and distance and do my cardio in a racing chair.
    AS an able to walk class if they made differenrt classes.I think more would compete knowing it's a level playing field.Just not weight classes.Until then compete just like everyone else does.If ya beat me ya beat me.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

I have seen a physicaly challanged class in one show for people not in chair but not 100%.

cavemuscle this is were haveing proof/condition for chair would come in.

the 80% would be a general base line to weed out teperary chair people, and the people that won't need a chair in a few months or days, weeks or future.

People in a chair tempoaraly due to sergery, accedent rehab then will be out, not a life altering reason I think they should just wait till they are recovered.

Heck with my M.S. when I competed in 2002 I went as far a wereing a condom under my posing trunks just in case my blader desided to brain fart and let go.

showing a H/C parking permit would put me out. I don't do them, too few spots and My wife drops me off at doors and we let spots for people that are alone or can't do the droping off thing.

Hey mabe the 3 of us can get together vea e-mail or a group IM and hash out some guild lines and set up a federation for true WCBB, to work in conjunction with main fedirations?
    I think we are onto something here. I mean this is just like when the fittness comps first started at BB shows. They had a few diffrent groups and federations and the ones less outlined fadded away and only the good ones well outlined remain.

e-mail me if you are interested. I'll PM my e-mail adress.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
    Heck with my M.S. when I competed in 2002 I went as far a wereing a condom under my posing trunks just in case my blader desided to brain fart and let go.

LOL I thought I was the only one who did that!

replied to your email and gave you my cell #

also added you to my yahoo list.

B

Nope lol I'm doing some digging on a few things. I'll keep you all posed.

Well after not working out for 5 years. This is what I look like being I build 100% naturaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
    Well after not working out for 5 years. This is what I look like being I build 100% naturaly.
    Look good bro!!
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Thanks. Can't wait till I get back in gym hit heavy weights and tighten up. It will force muscle tissue to hold more energy thus bringing them back in size. At first not bigger but back to size they were. (this part is easy)
    This is my goal for Aprils Pro Qualifier.
    I did have a 48" chest and 16" bis. in 2002.

Then I can work on more size and separation for next show.
    Last edited by Rich Knapp; 11-02-2009 at 03:13 PM.