Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: crock pot recipies: good ones. whatcha got?

crock pot recipies: good ones. whatcha got?

I just put dinner in... simple as it gets:

1 beef/pork roast.
    1 large jar of pepperoncini peppers.

Trim the roast of as much fat as possible. Combine and cook until the roast pulls apart. You can use this to make sandwiches, eat it by itself, tacos, etc. You won't believe how much flavor you get from something this simple.

I used a 3lb beef sirloin tip roast w/ a 32oz jar of pepperoncinis (juice & all - they come pickled sitting in vinegar/water/salt). Currently cooking for 8hrs on low in a 6qt crock pot.

The appliance on the left is a Black & Decker "Lids Off" -- invaluable for dealing w/ quad paws in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    I just put dinner in... simple as it gets:

1 beef/pork roast.
    1 large jar of pepperoncini peppers.

Trim the roast of as much fat as possible. Combine and cook until the roast pulls apart. You can use this to make sandwiches, eat it by itself, tacos, etc. You won't believe how much flavor you get from something this simple.

I used a 3lb beef sirloin tip roast w/ a 32oz jar of pepperoncinis (juice & all - they come pickled sitting in vinegar/water/salt). Currently cooking for 8hrs on low in a 6qt crock pot.

The appliance on the left is a Black & Decker "Lids Off" -- invaluable for dealing w/ quad paws in the kitchen.

15 bean soup add beans salt pork oinion yummmmm cook till done 8 hrs

Pork and Sauerkraut

2lbs - Fresh pork (spare ribs, baby back ribs, country style ribs or pork shoulder will all work)
    1 bag - Sauerkraut
    2 - Granny Smith Apples (medium dice)
    1 - Large onion (medium dice)
    1 cup - water

Put everything in crock pot, pork on top and cook until pork is tender. The sweetnees from the onions and apples mixed with the pork juice and sauerkraut really compliment eachother and actually sweeten the kraut.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Same directions as yours Scott, except use a boneless pork loin roast, and a bottle of BBQ sauce.

Pull the meat apart with 2 forks when it is done. Makes great sandwiches.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I toss in a whole chicken, season, and add cut up carrots, celery, onions and potatoes...and any other thing I can find that sounds good at the time. Very quick procedure in the morning, and at supper time, viola. Probably not the healthiest, being as there is probably a lot of fat contained within one whole chicken, but we only go round once.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I love my slowcooker! 3 things I make often..

-beef roast (brown floured roast in pan, put in slowcooker, add 1 can half fat mushroom soup, 1 package onion soup mix, and 1 can of beef broth) - makes great gravy for mashed potatos.
    - chilli - just wing it but ground beef flavoured with tex-mex spice, mushrooms, onions, green/red peppers, red beans, can of creamed corn, some salsa, can of tomato soup, cumin and chili powder to taste
    - beef stew - totally wing this depending on what i need to use up.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

One whole chicken in the crockpot with a can of frozen lemonade = lemon chicken.

Carnitas.............

bonless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1/4's
    good chili powder/ancho chili powder
    gound cumin, fresh ground seeds if possible
    S&P
    hot grill
    crock pot
    i jar of good hot Tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)

save a table spoon or 2 of the spices. rub the pork with the spices preferably overnite. sear on a grill over some mesquite chips (can be done a day ahead). add to the crock pot and cover with the salsa & remaining chili/cumin a cook on med till it falls a part. (usually pour off the juice into a tall jar and refridge, pull off the hard fat next day and freeze the stock for chili)
    warm corn tortillas (i grill mine), and the rest of your fav taco goodies. i usually do some black beans with cumin, diced serranos and cilantro. the leftover shredded pork freezes well for another taco nite. remember, a taco isnt a taco unless it has cilantro and a fresh squeezed lime wedge !!!! enjoy

My friend at work was telling me about one...

Brown some cube steak.

Put browned cube steak in crock pot.

Add a can of mushroom soup. (cream of mushroom? I gotta double check tomorrow)...

Cook in crock pot for 6 hours...

She says the flavor is awesome!

I'm gonna get better details tomorrow!

Teena

PS--I'm no cook, but crockpots I CAN do...lol.

One beef roast, cheapest cut available. Add one package onion soup mix and two small cans of cream of mushroom soup. Cook 8-10 hours on low until the meat falls apart. Serve with rice or noodles. Wonderful.