Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "christians" omg

"christians" omg

from a very good friend (in her 70's) who i never, ever expected to hear this from.

"I'm so sorry that you have so much pain. Being in a nursing home, I'm sure is not appealing to you. I suppose that is some ways it could be a blessing too, because there would be so many things you would not have to worry about. Maybe when God wants you to be in a situation like that, He will give you peace about it."

i am pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    from a very good friend (in her 70's) who i never, ever expected to hear this from.

"I'm so sorry that you have so much pain. Being in a nursing home, I'm sure is not appealing to you. I suppose that is some ways it could be a blessing too, because there would be so many things you would not have to worry about. Maybe when God wants you to be in a situation like that, He will give you peace about it."

i am pissed.
    Wow. Yeah, that would piss me off, too. Shoot her an e-mail back
    asking why she thinks her god wants you to suffer through this in
    the first place.

lol .. I used to get angry about it but now I try and be respectful. I make it known though that I don't share the same belief in God as they do and what they say means no comfort to me, though I know they intended well.

It's frustrating, I know!

I hope you're not considering a nursing home, are you? I knew the pain was bad for you .. but I had no idea it was *that* bad.

How is your son lately, now that school has started back up?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Everyone has their own theroy about God. I dont understand her part where she says "maybe when he wants you to be in that situation" Take into consideration shes in her 70s and let her comment slide right off your back. I know its hard to do, you want to "attack" every idiotic remark made, but I learned to "pick my battles" because I would be exausted otherwise.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

i am pissed.
    If she's a "very good friend," talk to her about it & tell her you're pissed.

I know how you feel. Write her back and tell her, "with friends like god, who needs the devil."
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I have a different take on it. I wouldn't want to listen to this sort of thing either, but my guess is that she might be pretty scared about her own future since she is closer to "nursing home age" than you are by far. She may be trying to talk herself into the fact that it would be easier eventually, and is merely projecting her fears and coping mechanisms onto you. Just put it in the "I didn't really need to hear that" column and let it go. I suspect it has much more to do with her than it does you.

Cass, I believe that we all try to find an answer as to why there is so much pain and suffering. In doing so, we possibly come to different answers that make some sense to us personally even though it may not make sense to anyone else. I know that the way I think and believe makes no sense to Nick but he has also learned that his way of believing and thinking makes no sense to me. We have both learned to just accept each other's beliefs. That is the way we can live together and have peace between us. I know it is hard to accept or hear the words others say as to dealing with the hardships we are dealt in life but probably this friend of yours didn't mean to upset you with her ideas and beliefs. She most likely just wanted to bring you some comfort. I think Scott's idea is a good one or you might just try to take her words as her own answer to life's pain and sorrow but not yours and leave it at that. Just my ,02 cents worth.

Hope you are feeling better and that things are also getting less complicated for you and your son. Keeping you in my thoughts as always.

Raven
    Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
    but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

i am pissed.
    No, she didn't! OMFG! This is why religious assholes get on my nerves - clearly, not all their synapses are firing.

Cass, you're in a nursing home? Since when? What have I missed out on? How's your son doing without you?

Well christians and non believers all make stupid remarks.
    That doesn't change the fact that it hurt. (hugs)
    The God I know doesn't want you to hurt and would never wish anyone in a Nursing Home. That's the devil's doing.
    The devil is a thief and would steal all your joy if he could.
    She may be projecting her own fears like Eileen said.
    Either way she's confused about God.
    Does she still have a sound mind? Sounds like she may be losing it.
    Take her age in consideration but let her know that's not the way God works.

Take care sweetie. I hope things are going good for you.