Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ISCoS Meeting 2009 - Florence

Nice to meet you Paolo, very nice to meet your Italian friends too, nice to meet Corinne and very nice to meet Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Nice to meet you Paolo, very nice to meet your Italian friends too, nice to meet Corinne and very nice to meet Wise.
    As many of you may think I had managed to brainwash Leif and make him a nice guy.... he looks like an angel now!

Hi Corinne and Paolo ! Nice photos...

nice... but where are the pics of you guys drinking?
    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Thank you for the posts Leif and Paolo.
    Leif I like your anology about the Alps for SCI research. Thank you for your clear updates.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Hi there,

many thanks for photos and feedback from ISCoS 2009. Also, I'm glad that this conference made Leif in having a positive attitude.
    "So, what did humans do, regardless their objectives, they found ways trough this barrier in communication breach, they said a few rocks will not hamper us, they said screw the Alps screwing"
    ...in 23 september 1910 by Jorge Chavez
    This signature left intentionally blank.

- That's the way Norwegians work - very hard surface, but once they let you through that - you've found a new friend.

Clinical trials on chronic spinal cord injuries

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    Thank you for the posts Leif and Paolo.
    Leif I like your anology about the Alps for SCI research. Thank you for your clear updates.
    Hi, here are some more updates :

Dr. Wise had a very passionate and great lecture at the ISCoS congress and lots of things happened due to that. Thus I’d like to inform that Norway now is very positive to be a partner in the upcoming clinical trials Wise has talked about. Our Medical director at our biggest SCI unit has already been in contact with Dr. Wise on email to confirm that Norway wants to participate and to discuss further on (and this is not sensitive information, the info is out many places here in Norway and all are very positive). The other two SCI units we also have here in Norway are also very positive about this, thus we might look at this as a national involvement for Norway’s part. I have also been in contact yesterday with a great professor at the University in Oslo, Institute for basal medical science, and he wrote back in an email “fantastic” and that they also are very positive and would like to be a part of this and collaborate further to have this going. This professor aside of being a SCI researcher is also by the way our new director at our new National stem cell centre here in Norway. This is very great, and thereby I’d liked to inform you about this great news. Things have happened very fast the last days after the congress in Italy, but there are obstacles off course, like funding. But if our national SCI organisation, all of our SCI units, the scientists working on SCI at the UiO and neurosurgeons are in, then I believe the Norwegian authorities will be happy to be a partner also in this project and provide necessary funding. All this is super great news I think. And many thanks to Dr. Young for being a facilitator for all this collaborating we now can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Hi, here are some more updates :

Dr. Wise had a very passionate and great lecture at the ISCoS congress and lots of things happened due to that. Thus I’d like to inform that Norway now is very positive to be a partner in the upcoming clinical trials Wise has talked about. Our Medical director at our biggest SCI unit has already been in contact with Dr. Wise on email to confirm that Norway wants to participate and to discuss further on (and this is not sensitive information, the info is out many places here in Norway and all are very positive). The other two SCI units we also have here in Norway are also very positive about this, thus we might look at this as a national involvement for Norway’s part. I have also been in contact yesterday with a great professor at the University in Oslo, Institute for basal medical science, and he wrote back in an email “fantastic” and that they also are very positive and would like to be a part of this and collaborate further to have this going. This professor aside of being a SCI researcher is also by the way our new director at our new National stem cell centre here in Norway. This is very great, and thereby I’d liked to inform you about this great news. Things have happened very fast the last days after the congress in Italy, but there are obstacles off course, like funding. But if our national SCI organisation, all of our SCI units, the scientists working on SCI at the UiO and neurosurgeons are in, then I believe the Norwegian authorities will be happy to be a partner also in this project and provide necessary funding. All this is super great news I think. And many thanks to Dr. Young for being a facilitator for all this collaborating we now can see.
    Leif,

this is amazing... so that I wouldn't have to be forced to travel for the therapy to the United States of America after all?!

Do you happen to know when (in which year) this would become a reality for common mortal like me?

Joe

Many Thanks

Paolo, Leif, Corinne, Wise and all.

What wonderful news and what a wonderful group.

I could come to Norway for a treatment and do family history research.

Corinne great courage on speaking out and I must say you look hot.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."