Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ISCoS Meeting 2009 - Florence

ISCoS Meeting 2009 - Florence

ISCoS Meeting 2009 - Florence
    http://www.iscos2009.com/
    I had been at this 4 days meeting with others CC members. About SCI research the agenda was very limited, in fact the program dedicated just 3 hours to sci research from 8.30 to 11.30am on Friday morning, with 30 min coffee break at 10.00 and 30 min for questions from 11.00 to 11.30.
    I have found that very disappointing. Nevertheless I want to say that Prof. Wise Young gave a very strong speech to move things and wake up the audience form the passive approach of the entire meeting to the cure issue. I am sure it will produce positive results.
    At the end of the panel discussion the CC member Corinne Jeanmaire made an intervention of a few minutes to ask why the agenda dedicated so little time to the cure issue. It has been a striking intervention that hit the audience. I have recorded it and will ask her the permission to post the audio file as I believe it can be very inspiring for all of us.
    Our member Leif has been very collaborative and contributed positively to move things in the way we all want.

I also want to thank Prof. Young, Patricia Morton and Dr. Vieri Failli (vice scientific director of wings for life foundation ) for making for me possible to have an open house on thursday 22nd evening. People who attended were very excited to learn so much about SCI cure.

I’ll post more details soon, in the main time if you have any particular questions please ask.
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 10-26-2009 at 05:40 AM.

It was great

Corinne Jeanmaire and Paolo Cippola

Corinne Jeanmaire speaking and Paolo and all listening

Corinne Jeanmaire speaking to the ISCoS board for SCI'ed

Professor Wise Young from Rutgers University USA and Medical director SCI unit doctor Thomas Glott from Sunnaas Hospital Norway.
    Last edited by Leif; 10-25-2009 at 10:05 PM.

From a lecture serie

Picture from the main auditorium

Let's go!

This is a picture from Munich to Florence. It shows heavy peaks and a lot of trouble as the tectonic geological formations shows here in the picture. It is the Alps off course, shown by a view from an airplane I was in. Difficult to cross one might ask? Well, imagine how difficult the crossing must have been just some short human historical time ago. The east-west Alps as for crossing the north south or vice versa was always a huge task for humans, in fact also in a short perspective of time. So, what did humans do, regardless their objectives, they found ways trough this barrier in communication breach, they said a few rocks will not hamper us, they said screw the Alps screwing. Then they moved on, and today we even have machines flying over it while enjoying services from nice peoples in planes or having a short half an hour nap and then we are where we want to be at our destination...? Spinal cord injurie research could be compared to this, the task might seam huge, but if we all push we might soon find our valley trough the obstacles of our Alps. I personally believe in this. Wise and others too. Dr. Wise and others has flown over the Alps.
    Last edited by Leif; 10-25-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Steap peaks...