Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ISCoS Meeting 2009 - Florence

Hey Guys,

they pulled the video or that's what message i got?
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Here is the video again, sorry I had to work a little on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn20n4beIGo

Thanks Paolo,

And WOW.......Corinne

you rock seems inadequate

thank you again
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Duran View Post
    Thank you, Leif. I suspect no dates have not been named so far. By the way, choosing the Karolinska Institute wouldn't be to the detriment of the cause...

Wise, it seems that you are about to establish something like a "EuropeSCINet" around here...
    hi everybody,
    EuropeSCInET would indeed be fantastic. It will take more than a simple speech to achieve it but work done so far and during the conference by fellow angel Leif (in Angel category, the smoothest of all ;-), Paollo and others is paving the way! it's fantastic that Wise Young clearly said that it was necessary to switch to action. Obviously we all need to take care and get the scientific and professional community with us.
    Also, a European (EU or Europe at large) fund might not be a bad idea? so far the only body existing on european level is a spinalcordinjury federation or something like that, whose main focus seems to be again the ''pipi - caca - bobo - crac/crac''. NB: this is a patterned concept I invented in Florence. must admit French people will be at an advantage to understand this unique and smart concept. if you need a translation, pls let me know ;-) although it will not lead you much further on the way to recovery!!
    Seriously, we do also need to check how to get support and funding from the EU itself. As discussed with Paollo, living not too far from Brussel, i would not mind playing a role in that.

paolocipolla

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Here is the video again, sorry I had to work a little on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn20n4beIGo
    paolocipoll

the problem i found with the youtube video was when the lady spoke i did not hard the reply can you or any one else past on a youtube video of what the doctors has to say

Quote Originally Posted by skeaman View Post
    paolocipoll

the problem i found with the youtube video was when the lady spoke i did not hard the reply can you or any one else past on a youtube video of what the doctors has to say
    Hello Skeaman,

I didn't post the answer because the audio quality is very bad. Basicly they said that they did their best and some more BS.... but for sure there was a lot of imbarrass....
    The fact, from my point of view, is that they wanted to make the sponsors happy so the 4 days meeting was mainly about bowel, bladder and sexual function. If you look at the programme you will easily get nervous...
    We need to keep pressure on docs, patient organization etc. to make sure that the cure issue will be always the first priority in such meetings in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Corinne Jeanmaire View Post
    hi everybody,
    EuropeSCInET would indeed be fantastic. It will take more than a simple speech to achieve it but work done so far and during the conference by fellow angel Leif (in Angel category, the smoothest of all ;-), Paollo and others is paving the way! it's fantastic that Wise Young clearly said that it was necessary to switch to action. Obviously we all need to take care and get the scientific and professional community with us.
    Also, a European (EU or Europe at large) fund might not be a bad idea? so far the only body existing on european level is a spinalcordinjury federation or something like that, whose main focus seems to be again the ''pipi - caca - bobo - crac/crac''. NB: this is a patterned concept I invented in Florence. must admit French people will be at an advantage to understand this unique and smart concept. if you need a translation, pls let me know ;-) although it will not lead you much further on the way to recovery!!
    Seriously, we do also need to check how to get support and funding from the EU itself. As discussed with Paollo, living not too far from Brussel, i would not mind playing a role in that.
    Hey Corinne!

Nice to see you here! I missed the "crac/crac" part of your concept

There is a lot to do, as you said we need researchers and clinicians with us, we have a few already, but we need more to have a critical mass. A few more people with sci would be great too.

Let's be the change we want to see in this world!

Paolo

And you had my SCI doctor there, Thomas Glott. He is so kind.
    TH 12, 43 years post

paolocipolla

Hello Skeaman,

I didn't post the answer because the audio quality is very bad. Basicly they said that they did their best and some more BS.... but for sure there was a lot of imbarrass....
    The fact, from my point of view, is that they wanted to make the sponsors happy so the 4 days meeting was mainly about bowel, bladder and sexual function. If you look at the programme you will easily get nervous...
    We need to keep pressure on docs, patient organization etc. to make sure that the cure issue will be always the first priority in such meetings in the future
    thank you for this you say a bout bowel bladder and sexual function that would do me for now did they say when this would be ready i think most of us would take that and wait for the rest to come

Hello Skeaman,

I am not sure I follow you here Paolo. For sure some companies were sponsors, no biggie, they help us on daily living but more to be there (if we are smart). The big elephant however though is clinicians, -like private companies do not set the agenda, but more so ever the clinicians does, especially clinicians at SCI units. So, join in, make them become a brotherhood of research and trials, to work constructive. As for me, if it weren’t for private corporations I wouldn’t have been in Florence.