Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stimulite Cushions

Stimulite Cushions

I am in need of a new cushion. I have used Roho for years but am tired of the leaks and repairs.

I am going to try a Stimulite. For those of you who use the Stimulite cushions do you recommend the classic or contour? Is the XS version helpful and needed? Is the XS version removable?
    Last edited by Mike_Stan; 08-16-2011 at 03:29 PM.

I have tried both and the classic worked better for me. I have the classic with and without xs. I like without the xs better because after time I was bottoming out with the xs.
    The contour is thicker and firmer feeling than the classic even with the xs. The added thickness of the contour put my knees in my cars hand controls so I sent it back. You will sit higher in your chair.
    There is a break in period with these and they soften after time. I would recommend go xs with the contour and either way with the classic.
    The xs is not removable but does not add height, cushion is the same size with or without.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    the XS is not removeable. I have used the contour and classic, both xs. the xs isn't that much more cost and doesn't make cushion any thicker, so why not get it. if you have problems with positioning or legs splaying, then go with contour. if not go with the classic, it's a little bit thinner cushion.

I've used both the Classic and the Contour. The Contour keeps you in place better, but it's a little heavier than the Classic. And, as mentioned above, the Contour is a little thicker. They're both great cushions.

I have one for sale if its your size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1044
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

how about the slimline contour one??? anyone have it. I just got a classic xs and kinda wish I had the contour slimline. I know its new and not used to it yet but hopefully will over time. Before I used a varilite evolution which I guess has some sort of contour when you let the proper amount of air out of it. any thoughts stick with it or try and send it back for the slimmer contour??

Mike_Stan,

Have you already purchased your cushion?

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Mike_Stan,

Have you already purchased your cushion?

Yes. as stated in my last post. above

I made the switch to Stimulite 6-7 years ago for the same exact reason.. The Roho, which was suggested at time of injury, constantly goes flat. Nothing worse than riding around on a Roho quattro that has 1 flat section.. I love the Stimulite simply because of the extremely low level of maintenance. The honeycomb can get wet, no big deal. I personally suggest the classic, as it's completely flat. Where as the contour is a decent idea, IF you fit perfectly, which chances are likely you won't fit perfectly. Classic is fine. I've even cut some of my current Classic out with a razor blade to better contour at my hamstrings. No maintenance is priceless.
    "Be stronger than all your excuses...."

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by warchi81 View Post
    how about the slimline contour one??? anyone have it. I just got a classic xs and kinda wish I had the contour slimline. I know its new and not used to it yet but hopefully will over time. Before I used a varilite evolution which I guess has some sort of contour when you let the proper amount of air out of it. any thoughts stick with it or try and send it back for the slimmer contour??
    the slimline doesn't offer the pressure relief protection as the others, i'd say it's more for part-time wheelchair users.