Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: what is life expectancy for quads ?

The oldest person with my primary disability who was as active as me died at 63, i don't want to or expect to live to 60.

To: Dash
    I'm sitting with my mouth hanging open at the thought of you being treated like household furniture while on the tilt table when you were younger. Thank goodness those days are over.

Quote Originally Posted by jhope View Post
    what is life expectancy for quads ?
    Misery.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    Misery.

I second that!

pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    To: Dash
    I'm sitting with my mouth hanging open at the thought of you being treated like household furniture while on the tilt table when you were younger. Thank goodness those days are over.
    I was just rereading this thread and thought that funny now. In rehab I remember the docs catching me and 2 male paras in a pizza place in NYC. They asked us to be careful. My 1st summer out of rehab I started swimming never knowing if it was possible till hitting the water. My youngest brother doesn't remember me as an ab. He would tip my chair over backward, leaving me w/ my knees in the air till he felt like righting me. But looking at home movies this sweet blonde child always first looked under the Christmas tree for a gift for me pre looking at the Santas' wonderland (you'd also see elder sis' robe covered butt seeking her name tags). I've ridden every carnival ride and driven solo from NY to FL.
    Truthfully, as a quad injured at 16 I was independent at 19 (almost, I figured I'd wing it from there). I was shocked once returning to the 6 bedroom, 5 bath home w/ front and back stairs on 2acres on Long Islands Gold Coast to see mother had turned my room into a library. Soon after they took the 3 youngest and moved to FL. They felt the 1st 4 of us created a 'hostile' environment in the school system. In FL the youngest followed our lead anyway. There the kids threw me on the boat lots as a 'spotter' when they skiied. The folks did add a room and bath upon the completion of, I moved to an apartment. I bought my own home in 1980 w/ money earned after getting a college degree.
    The folks divorced in the late 70's. Pop is in Egypt riding camels with his wife who graduated hs 3yrs prior to me. Mother now has had 3 books published, had cable tv shows, run for political office and today I saw her in the galley on Court TV. They are 85 and 80 respectfully. I think I come from a decent gene pool (albiet a tad unordinary).
    Last edited by dash; 07-21-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: typos x 1

Wink

Was Ami's discription of the statistical meaning of "average" kinda HOT or is it just me?

Brains are sexy!