Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC car adpter

DC car adpter

any one know of an adapter that i can hook up to a power chair battery so i can use car cigarette lighter plugs?

they make adapters that plug into your lighter. i got one at best buy i used it for laptop even a little t.v. and when my radio stopped working i plugged a home stereo.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

you need to get an inverter. the total wattage of the inverter needs to be equal to or more than the power supply for your chair.

inverter there's the damn term i'm looking for, thanks. off to google

Here is something you might like....
    MobileCharge 24 Volt In-Vehicle Battery Charger

i'm looking to use my power chair's batter to power devices not charge my batter from a car

thanks for the link though, some useful stuff on the page
    Last edited by jon 0; 10-18-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon 0 View Post
    inverter there's the damn term i'm looking for, thanks. off to google
    no, the inverter could convert from ac to dc
    sounds like if you chair battery is 12v, all you need is a cigg lighter from any autoparts store
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

or dc to ac, i bought one when I hooked up 120v ac christmas lights on my 12v volkswagen trike
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan