Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: She doesn't want to be seen with a wheeler in public...

Quote Originally Posted by cripple4life View Post
    next time ask to take her some where out the way. drive up to the front and tell her i'll let you out here and go park the car. i'm sure she will be happy about that. then once she goes in go back home and laugh the rest of the night.
    try and do this with a high price play that you got tickets to.
    this way it will be a real burn on her while your enjoying a movie in the other side of town.
    she's a definate usser, wheelchair probably doesnt have that much to do with it , she would act the same with anyone who is in a lesser social standing than she believes she is in.
    personal trainer jut means she doesnt have good job,
    sounds a lot sexier than it is , theu are a penny a dozen and you can get two for one coupons, only a very few make a decent living , they are at the high end gyms
    cauda equina

Wheelieboy,
    I can't even begin to tell you how this made my blood boil. The shallow little narcissist should get nothing from you....EVER. Let her find her own way through life and don't give in on anything. If you have the courage tell her she is shallow and that you have caught onto to her skewed view of the world and disability and want no part of it. You deserve SO much better than this. Wave bye bye to the little bitch and realize that all women are NOT like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelieboy View Post
    Last month my cousin who lives in San Diego visited me in Atlanta and I met a few of her girlfriends--one whom recently moved the metro area from San Diego. We all had dinner together. My cousin asked me if I'd be willing to help her out by showing her the city and helping her get acclimated since she is having some very hard times financially. No problem. This woman is in her early forties and is a personal trainer and a bit of an entrepreneur is somewhat high-minded--though she is basically broke. She reminds me of a Hyacinth Bucket from the BBC's "Keeping Up Appearances" but younger and better looking. She seemed like a pleasant enough person but one of my cousin's other girlfriends obviously didn't care for her because she thought her to be a fake.

I invited this person to attend a play at the Fox Theatre with me last month and she happily accepted since she is into the arts. I picked her up (she doesn't own a car and lives with a roomie in an overpriced townhouse) and we got to the theatre it was raining slightly. She walked faster and a little ahead of me. I figured it was because it was raining. As the play ended, I decided it was best to leave right then to avoid the rush out the door. I rolled into the lobby and she stopped to buy a playbill. She looked at me and said, "oh you don't have to wait for me I will just meet you at the car." Uhhhh, it was wet out and we were parked in the back lot. Why would I roll out there by myself? First sign.

Skipping some other small noticeable antics, I'll get to the "meat." I picked her up yesterday (she was off, she works at this retail store) and we drive back to my place because she needed to use one of my laptops (she doesn't have a computer AND her cell phone is off). She was made up more than I expected. She asked me during the drive "do you ever think about what people think when they see you out and about in your chair?" I looked at ther and said "They probably think I'm broke." After she used the laptop, I needed to run to the store to get something and she came with me because I was also going to the movies and invited her. In the store, she said, "I'll just go look around, I'll find you when you're done." Um, okay.

We leave the store and head to the theatre. I paid for the movie. She buys some popcorn. We get into the theatre and she says, "Okay, I'm going to sit up top, I can't sit down here (handicap row) but first I need to run to the bathroom. You can hold my popcorn and I'LL EVEN LET YOU HAVE SOME." WTF??? I asked her if something was wrong with her eyes. She said no, but she didn't want to sit that close. She sat about six rows up to my right. I have never in all my years, pre or post crip, gone to the movies with a woman (and I've been A LOT) and they not sit with me--I mean we did come together. I texted a f couple of my female friends about it and they were even like "WTF??" After the flick was over, I rolled out of the theatre--I didn't even wait on her. We got to the lobby and I was a lil' steamed. She was oblivious. That shit she did was very rude in my opinion. I figured I'd try her one more time and decided to go to Best Buy. We get to Best Buy and inside the store, she does the same thing "I'm going to look around a bit and I'll find you when you are done."
    I kept my cool in the car but I casually mentioned how some people have the inability to adapt to new people and surroundings (she only wishes to associate with "upscale" people.

Okay, it was confirmed. This broke broad apparently doesn't want to be seen with a guy in a wheelchair in public. I never thought I'd encounter a grown adult who could be so damned silly. I left a message for my cousin last night telling her her friend was going to be on her own because I'm not going to put up with that bullshit. I'm just amazed at how shallow some folks are. I'm the established one with assets dammit! Anyway, that's my rant. Lesson learned.

RUN, Or WHEEL away as fast as you can
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Okay, I AM to let her sink on her own, but I'd like to get opinions on whether or not I should let her know what I really think. She has some business planning tools of mine that I need to get back from her on Thursday. I have no words for her until then. I thought about letting her know how I REALLY feel about her and her actions.

One of my female friends said just get your stuff and just let it go because it won't change her. Still, a part of me just wants to let her know how uncouth and shallow she really is. Is it even worth the effort to tell her or should I just leave her wondering as to why I don't return her calls? What do you think?

I'm sure people before you have tried to tell her how shallow she is, and it hasn't helped, why waste your breath
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

She has to want to change and she probably doesn't. So, use your energy elswhere. You'll have more for others who will appreciate it!

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

Okay, I AM to let her sink on her own, but I'd like to get opinions on whether or not I should let her know what I really think. She has some business planning tools of mine that I need to get back from her on Thursday. I have no words for her until then. I thought about letting her know how I REALLY feel about her and her actions.

One of my female friends said just get your stuff and just let it go because it won't change her. Still, a part of me just wants to let her know how uncouth and shallow she really is. Is it even worth the effort to tell her or should I just leave her wondering as to why I don't return her calls? What do you think?
    If you feel you need to tell her, for your own sake (if you think not addressing this or confronting her will leave you feeling unresolved and anxious), then maybe you should. But I don't think you should confront her in an aggressive or angry fashion, or in any way that attacks her. Since you will be seeing her to retrieve your things, you can tell her then, how you feel. You can leave it open for discussion if you'd like to be friends or if you think there's a possibility for some understanding between you. But since you just met and there doesn't seem to be any relationship, you don't really 'owe' her anything. You can just calmly but directly tell her what you think and let her know you don't wish to have any more contact and communication with her, get your things and leave. Be brief and dispassionate. But let her know you don't want her calling you anymore.

Don't bother, she'll just say something back that will make you even madder. And it wont change her. Its not worth the mileage on your tongue.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Here's what I would do...
    Wait til the two of you are in a crowded place (mall, Wal-mart, etc), if you can, fake a spasm, fall out of your chair and call her by name, real LOUD, saying you need help. See if she craps her pants.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

What do you think?
    She isn't worth any more of your time.