Thread: New Grandchild on the Way

New Grandchild on the Way

I'm about to have my third grandchild and I am thrilled - it's a boy. I think my family might have some issues with the first born granchild, Joey, age 5. He has a sister, age 3 whom he loves dearly and is extremely protective of her. The issue is that this new baby will be born to his aunt, my other daughter, whom Joey absolutely adores. They love each other like mother and son. There will be no problem with my daughter, but I am so afraid of how Joey will react when this baby is born. We have tried to ease him into this event, but he is totally silent on the whole idea. What can I do to assure him that his aunt still loves him just as much as she always has?

Love, time & attention is all I can suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana2201 View Post
    I'm about to have my third grandchild and I am thrilled - it's a boy. I think my family might have some issues with the first born granchild, Joey, age 5. He has a sister, age 3 whom he loves dearly and is extremely protective of her. The issue is that this new baby will be born to his aunt, my other daughter, whom Joey absolutely adores. They love each other like mother and son. There will be no problem with my daughter, but I am so afraid of how Joey will react when this baby is born. We have tried to ease him into this event, but he is totally silent on the whole idea. What can I do to assure him that his aunt still loves him just as much as she always has?
    your story is just like my one. When my wife issued a baby,my 3years son was not comfortable with him for few weeks but when we make them that he is your little brother and you have to tack care, he will follows your order,then he accepted and now he is more caring than us also.
    The harder you fall, the higher you bounce.