Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glide free transfer board strips

No Keps, can you explain more? Sounds interesting.

I am going to order the strips Fuentes posted, they have an order form to if anyone is interested.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post

I am going to order the strips Fuentes posted, they have an order form to if anyone is interested.
    Oh...they didn't use slide sheets at your hospital after your sci?
    At my unit, they were used to reposition those of us who were stuck in bed and needed to be turned (this was after coming off an auto-turning bed). It's like a "tube" of slippery fabric. This is put under a person, and then the person can be, er, slided (sp?) easily (the two slippery pieces of the tube sliding together).
    I, er, stole a couple of these from my sci unit, and I use them for the bare bum shower chair transfer. I just make sure the slide sheet is on the end of the board, under my bum, and then I can easily slide across (simply removing sheet afterwards).

If Rhino is reading this, maybe he can explain more? (As far as I know every one was on these sheets at some time at our unit).

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post

just xcall them. i had mine in 2 days.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    Doesn't anyone use a slide sheet (not a padded one) for bare bum transfers? That's what I use, and it's quite hassle-free.
    I have always used a thread-bare hand towel on my board for nekkid transfers. Very low tech and not always effective.

Before joining CC, I had never even heard of (or thought of myself!) using Pledge to slick things up! Does the Pledge help on bare ass transfers?
    The strips sound even better. Thanks!

It is really great to hear about how others who use transfer boards do stuff! Even thought I am connected to a lot of w/c users in real life, no one uses a board!

yo quimby, no pledge does not help on bare ass transfers and as u know neither does a hand towel. these strips are the best thing i have found in 20 yrs, no more pledge needed. i cant imagine being a woman trying to do a naked transfer, your cooters are on the board trying to slide youch. get a set of strips, they will really help u.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

[QUOTE=fuentejps;1114565] i cant imagine being a woman trying to do a naked transfer, your cooters are on the board trying to slide youch. get a set of strips, they will really help u.[/QUOTE
    Thanks for making me choke. I was reading that and drinking water at the same time.

Kepsi, I've been dying to try a slide sheet but have had trouble ordering one. (Unreal in the Internet era, isn't it?) I think it will be just what I need to help me move around my memory foam mattress.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

You guys are too funny!

Female here, and I've used baby oil for the past few years for bare butt transfers out of the shower. Works great---I got that tip here on CC. Thought I got it from you, Fuente...

I am definitely going to try these strips...thanks!!
    Shannon
    C6/7 incomplete
    20 yrs post sci

"falling is easy it's getting back up that becomes the problem, becomes the problem" Staind
    "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.:" :-)
    - Burt Bacharach

no, i talked about the pledge which i heard from andy,. these strips are even better and cheap.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Fu, Because of your enthusiasm I just ordered a pack of the GlideFree transfer strips. I'll let you know how it goes. Regarding your bare ass transfers; when I transfer back to bed from the shower I put a little bit of powder on top of my Ultraslick board and then put a chux on top with the plastic side down and cotton side up....works pretty well for me.