Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Wheelchair accessible four wheel drive truck

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Great pic's, thanks.
    Yeah with that shroud that covers the transmission in the blue truck interfering with the placement of a powerchair, modifications would be necessary.

I have a front wheel drive powerchair that measures 29.5 inches across the front. Obviously no changes could be made to any front wheel drives. And looking at my frontier x-5 mid-wheel drive, there are more questions.

Best to just wait and see. Living in PA is not going to help.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 06-01-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

What do you use to lock down? I didn't see anything in the pictures.

kudos Steve... your conversion looks solid.

Thanks Scott, it is definitely solid. My guys take a lot of pride in building the highest quality into every truck.

Hacknsack-

We let the dealers install lockdowns and I believe most are EZLock.

ForestRanger,

Yes, those big front wheel drive chairs may only fit in a two wheel drive, but at least you are in a truck. With the added weight of steel and your chair, they still get through things very well.

Steve

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Yes, absolutely correct, still in a truck. Other than a couple Harley's, I have owned nothing else but thankfully only one year with 2 wheel drive. With my head height between 58" to 56", thinks are difficult enough as it is. If by chance that someday I could really afford a truck conversion, I may by then have a powerchair that is lower. Wistful thinking.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 06-04-2010 at 07:21 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

hey imkitch are there any dealers on the east coast that has some of your trucks that i could go look at im in va so ever which one is the closest id like to kno thanks

Ride-away is our dealer on the East coast and they have 2 dealerships in Virginia.(Richmond and Norfolk). We are shipping a truck there on Tuesday, but I am not sure which store. Call the one closest to you and they will probably make arrangements for you to see it. Be sure to tell them I sent you, because the person you ask may not even know it is coming.

Steve

okay man thanks