Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SCINetUSA Website

What is the status of the trials ?The website latest info is from August as far as I can tell. I also gleaned from somewhere else that Thomas jefferson in Phila is out?

chesmo,

The next step is for the protocol committee to meet and come to a final consensus. To my knowledge, a meeting has not been scheduled yet.

In the mean time we are raising money to prepare for the start of the trials in 2010. Dr Young has been away for a month. I will be meeting with him next week to discuss where we are at where we are going in the near future.

Please visit the websites in my signature and pass them on to your family and friends to help raise money.

Jim , this is all good. I've been thinking and wondering where is the rehab centers for rats. The cost of walkers, diapers, and rehab must be expensive. I see many rats in wheelchairs and walkers, cath bags, and rehab. Support and care muist be expensive. I, and many others, hope our contributions are not going to support this cause.

T.J.

Is there a difference between SCINetUSA and Reeve's North American Clinical Trial Network? Looks like there are two networks doing the same kind of work, which I think is a good thing.

T.J.

All donations to SCINetUSA are held in a designated account at the Rutgers University Foundation to be used solely for the work of SCINetUSA.

mcferguson,

SCINetUSA is completely separate from Reeve's Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    mcferguson,

SCINetUSA is completely separate from Reeve's Network.
    OK, but are they both networks of clinics trained to do SCI clinical trials so as to speed up the process of bringing treatments to the bedside?

Quote Originally Posted by mcferguson View Post
    OK, but are they both networks of clinics trained to do SCI clinical trials so as to speed up the process of bringing treatments to the bedside?
    Both ChinaSCINet and SCINetUSA are focussed on chronic spinal cord injury therapies. ChinaSCINet has received extensive training over the past five years. SCINetUSA just began this past year and should come up to speed soon. Wise.

mcferguson,

The goal of SCINetUSA is to test promising therapies to restore function in people with chronic spinal cord injury (SCI) in the United States.

Reeve's Network, North American Clinical Trials Network (NACTN), has a s similar aim. http://www.christopherreeve.org/site...ls_Network.htm

Like you mentioned, I also believe having several networks is a good thing. There are many cells to be tested and we need to begin. It is important for all networks to collaborate, working together will get us to the finish line quicker.

Where will the updates on the cord blood + lithium trials be posted and how soon could we expect something?

Zorka,

I will be posting updates here and also on the websites in my signature. We are working to start the trial by the end of the year. FDA approval has to be granted and the money must be raised.