Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My favorite SCI movies are...

I want to add:

"The Other Side of the Mountain" about skier Jill Kinmont

and

"Long Ago Tomorrow" with Malcolm McDowell (Clockwork Orange)

anyone seen "the ex"?

Great movies!

Frida is a must see sci movie about how she turned the pain & suffering of her sci into art. And her art is really cool!
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

When I was a teen, I liked the movie Who's Life is it Anyway w/ Richard Dryfus. I was AB at the time. It is a good flick about a sculptor who transects his cord at C4, and ends up fighing for the right to die. It was made in the 80's.

Waterdance was pretty accurate.

Born on the 4th of July was good, but it's rather sour & heavy.
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce

I just found about The Brooke Ellison Story - IMDB link directed by Christopher Reeve, but i didn't see it yet.

This signature left intentionally blank.

I liked "Coming Home".
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I saw the other side of the mountain not long after i was injured, pretty mush dispressed me
    coming home was good
    waterdance was like alot of rehab and pretty good, espically helen hunt.....
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I watch "freak city" a few nights ago it was ok.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Helen Hunt - The Sessions

Helen Hunt had a notable role as the girlfriend of a paraplegic played by Eric Stoltz in The Waterdance (1992). Now she's playing a sexual surrogate and hooking up with a post-polio quad in The Sessions.

Bless her cripple-loving soul. Is there some sort of award we can offer to her for all her continued good work? "And the Wisey goes to . . . Helen Hunt!"

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Helen Hunt had a notable role as the girlfriend of a paraplegic played by Eric Stoltz in The Waterdance (1992). Now she's playing a sexual surrogate and hooking up with a post-polio quad in The Sessions.

Bless her cripple-loving soul. Is there some sort of award we can offer to her for all her continued good work? "And the Wisey goes to . . . Helen Hunt!"

I loved the Waterdance... I found it very reminiscent of my own rehab memories.
    The Sessions looks to be a good one too. I bet Helen Hunt starts getting "the eye" from every guy in a wheelchair from here on out.