Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a crush on my caregiver!!

I started dipping my pen from day one of SCI when my ICU nurse and I had a year-long relationship. And I definitely wasn't 'settling' as Imight described. She was a California girl type with blond hair down to her butt.

michaelm you have to take each situation on its own merits. A blanket no ink dipping policy might leave you looking back years from now and wondering what could have been.
    I'm in your situation right now with a new hire. She's a beautiful Filipina with charm to spare. But since I've acquired the ability to self monitor, when I feel those butterflies of love, I back off. No need to own a woman at this point in my life.

The one case where I can see everyone's point is if the client has a huge monetary settlement. Money can attract users, so if that's your case I'd be very very careful.

Years ago i had a very attractive female aide that acted quite flirty and then started asking me questions about if i could still have sex. It was very distracting because i obviously wanted to then say, go ahead and try me out.

The problem was that she was married to a guy in the military and i had even met him a few when he picked her up, plus they had a daughter. Then a few times she would tell me that her sex life with her husband sucked. All the hints and flirting made me think she probably would have messed around if i asked, but i didn't want some pissed off Marine after me if he found out and i didn't want to possibly break up a marriage if he found out given they had a child. It sure as hell was tempting though to see if she'd was just flirting or actually wanted to act on it, especially when she wore shirts that showed her ample cleavage.

Good choice duder.

In that case you treat them like a fine piece of art. They are there to be admired and enjoyed. The fact that you were holding off was probably driving her crazy.

Like i said Van Quad, i don't even know for sure if she's have went to the next step from flirting and talking about sex to actually having it, especially given that she was married. It just felt like she wanted to. If though she had physically initiated something, my morals and willpower very well could have evaporated because i was very attracted to her and thus had numerous fantasies involving her at the time. In retrospect, i'm glad she never did initiate something because i likely would have went with it, but later would have felt very guilty had her husband found out.

Going back to when I was first injured, one of the night nurses pushed a litter next to my bed. While laying on it she said "you're going to die of that Hawaian disease called lac-a-nookie", I told her they found a cure for that called pok-a-twat-alot. She jumped off, pushed the cart away and left me alone. Your situation could go either way but if it gets serious, be cautious before you get really hurt. Best of luck!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Hey, Conman, What evidence do you have that your aide is interested in an affair with you?

If you think she feels the same way and make bloody sure she does then go for it.

In normal circumstances I'm with DeadEye when it comes to "shitting on your own doorsteps" but our situations aren't normal and you have to take your chances where you can.

Just be very, very, careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
    Hey, Conman, What evidence do you have that your aide is interested in an affair with you?
    what r you talking about? i never said that! i never even thought that! chill out homie. I just said she was attractive. thats all.
    C'mon buh bub!

Quote Originally Posted by coregmrconman View Post
    what r you talking about? i never said that! i never even thought that! chill out homie. I just said she was attractive. thats all.
    Uh no, you said: I have a crush on my caregiver!!

I reread your entry and I admit I jumped to conclusions, as did several other CC members. You said you would keep your employer/employee relationship professional.