Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a crush on my caregiver!!

I have a crush on my caregiver!!

So, I am a 23 y/o male. For the past 4 years I have had all male staff. The guys seem to have been able to "hang" better with my flow of the day, and be into things I am. Which is important for 12 hour shifts. Well one of my caregivers for 3 years which was also a good friend "off-work" moved to the Service Coordinator position in the agency. The agency has had a hard time finding quality male staff, so he decided and I agreed to send out female staff. Sure enough he sends out a hot girl. He knew WHAT he was doing.

Funny for him, I am sure. and i AM NOT complaining. and will keep everything professional. However this is very awkward at first to get bathed and helped dressed by a attractive member of the opposite sex. Does anybody have any experiences? The only thing I compared it to is being in the hospital with an attractive nurse. Happy and weirded out all at once.

And to any people out there. no, I am not a creep or anything. It is just something that I felt a lot of other people may have experienced.
    C'mon buh bub!

Enjoy it

Be careful sport, you're treading into dangerous territory. While females are often some of the best care-givers, it's important to keep it as an employee/employer relationship. Sure, you can be her friend, joke, kid and have fun, but keep it as a working relationship. JMHO.

A wise old man once told me "Don't get your meat where you get your bread."
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

First, I envy you having had that good luck finding guys. The majority of my PCs have been women, and women have usually done the bathing, etc. when I have been in the hospital and incapacitated. I got over that early. When I arrived in the emergency room following my accident, the first thing that happened was a nurse cut away my gym trunks which I was wearing and helped the doc put a catheter in my penis. I realized I had to re-invent my sense of modesty at that moment and live with it, being grateful there are people willing to do that.

With regard to Deadeye's warning, things can and do happen with opposite sex caretakers and it is not unusual. Surprisingly, it works out some time. Read my comments in my original post on Grappling III and look at the results of this recent survey of CC members. They are in the Relationships and Sexuality Forum.

Grappling with sex - Part III SCIfor55yrs.

Poll:I fell in love with my aide Liz321

There are risks. You could lose a good PCA, but my feeling is, if the chemistry is there, do not run from it. Right or wrong, workplace romances are here to stay.
    Last edited by SCIfor55+yrs.; 10-10-2009 at 01:48 PM.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Agreed with Deadeye. And to follow his lead: "Don't dip your pen in company ink"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chappell View Post
    Agreed with Deadeye. And to follow his lead: "Don't dip your pen in company ink"
    haven’t heard it phrased like that before Chris, but isn’t it the same ink?

haa. like i said, i'm keeping it professional. just had me laughing in my head yesterday.
    C'mon buh bub!

last time i had a crush on a caregiver, i found myself taking a step back and thinking, hold up, she aint even my type, pre-sci i wouldnt have hollered, shes quite boring. then I started wondering why she seemed to be getting hotter per day, which helped me realize it was my lack of going outside, and lack of getting any, and the fact that she was paying me a lot of attention (as its her job) that was putting my mind in 'mate mode'

snapped outta that real quick.

yeah, that aint the case here.
    C'mon buh bub!

Quote Originally Posted by Imight View Post
    last time i had a crush on a caregiver, i found myself taking a step back and thinking, hold up, she aint even my type, pre-sci i wouldnt have hollered, shes quite boring. then I started wondering why she seemed to be getting hotter per day, which helped me realize it was my lack of going outside, and lack of getting any, and the fact that she was paying me a lot of attention (as its her job) that was putting my mind in 'mate mode'

snapped outta that real quick.
    Bingo!